Suspension bushings

Carlinator

:
2003.5 MSP
I'm getting ready to do some maintenance on my suspension (03 MSP, 101k miles). Gonna get new struts put in, but I'd also like to replace/upgrade the suspension bushings.

Couple questions:

I've read that the ball joints are not replacable, you have to buy a whole new control arm. Is this true? I tore the boot a while back trying to get the ball joint out of the hub (unsuccessfully), is it possible to just replace the boot at least? Or am I stuck getting new arms?

Does anyone make urethane suspension bushings? I know they have them for like MR2s and 240s, but i can't find anything for Proteges. Does anyone have a list of energy suspension part #s maybe?

I've looked in several spots, is there anyone who makes replacement struts for the MSP that don't run $1000 for a set like the dealer wants? I know how our tokicos have a different spring perch from regular ones, so I'd have to buy new springs if I got normal blues, and that drives the cost up to like $700, so I might as well get stock. And I'm not looking for coilovers, don't really want to lower the car any.

As for the lower control arm situation I believe you have to buy the whole arm because I tried to also just get the ball joints but I couldn't find just the ball joints. As for upgraded lower control arm bushings c r o s s o v e r a u t o sells them. They are the whiteline bushings or the pedders bushings, your pick.

Last edited:
Back