Suburban Imports on Grand River in Farmington Hills

kipper88

:
mazda tribute
Anyone have any expierence buying a used car from these guys?
i test drove an 07 black mazda 3 from them. thinking about purchasing.

They're actually a great dealership. Go work with Richard at Suburban. He's extremely professional, straight-forward, honest, and definitely a straight shooter when it comes to pricing, options and whatnot. Not to mention, he's a car guy so he's respectful about your car when it comes to warming up the car and making sure it's clean whenever.

cool.
thanks for the response.
the salesman i was working w/ was 'crazy hair' Matt. his real name is matt but his hair was all metro and spikey, so i call him crazy hair.

He's sorta questionable. I had a 5 second conversation with him and it was awkward.

Richard sits at the end, his desk is nearest the door by the service entrance.

I don't know what Matt's sales experience is, but Richard is an absolute pleasure to work with and you'll respect his honesty and courtesy especially when buying cars can be a huge headache with inconsiderate, uneducated salespeople to deal with.

Make sure you get all your facts straight is all I can honestly suggest. As long as you're comfortable, you should be fine.

He's sorta questionable. I had a 5 second conversation with him and it was awkward.

Richard sits at the end, his desk is nearest the door by the service entrance.

I don't know what Matt's sales experience is, but Richard is an absolute pleasure to work with and you'll respect his honesty and courtesy especially when buying cars can be a huge headache with inconsiderate, uneducated salespeople to deal with.

Make sure you get all your facts straight is all I can honestly suggest. As long as you're comfortable, you should be fine.

he was awkward. he didn't know the price listed on teh cars, tried to make up a lot of stuff about how his dealership worked blah blah blah. once i find the car i want i only care about price. if he can't make it work to my budget, i move on.

wish i met richard first. Matt doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed.

Well you could always switch salespeople. Again, if you arn't comfortable, you can always switch. PM me and i'll give you Richard's info if you need it.

I bought my car from Richard as well, hes a real cool guy that actually knows what hes talking about and if he doesnt he will find out. I go there and talk cars with him every once and a while. I've never talked with Matt but I've talked to quite a few of the other sales and service people too, never had any major issues in the 9mo I've had my car.

There is a bald buy there with a bad comb over, glasses and a weasely voice, I cant remember his name, but he is a DOUCHE of a salesman. Avoid him. The second you see him you will know who I'm talking about. He was trying to sell me a 2005 3 BARE BONES with 60,000 miles for $13,500. He got under my skin so much I bought my car somewhere else.

I tried dealing with them and they proved very reluctant to do a dealer trade. I ended up getting Borgman Mazda in Grand Rapids to get the car I wanted from a Mazda dealership in Cleveland, OH. Clearly, Farmington is closer to Cleveland than GR, but Suburban wouldn't even bother. Not to mention I got a much better deal at Borgman than Suburban offered.

Sounds like you tried to do business over the phone. I don't know how effective that is, but obviously it didn't work out I suppose.

Sounds like you tried to do business over the phone. I don't know how effective that is, but obviously it didn't work out I suppose.

shouldn't matter.. when i tried to do bus. there they were the same way. they don't like to dealer trade there it seems.

Difference is, I know what it's like trying to do business over the phone and how to gauge the seriousness. It doesn't seem like the sale proved worth while over the phone.

Matt got back to me too late. He found a car for me to look at but i already purchased by then. Oh and he tried to sell me a mazda 3 that they bought from a rental car company...no thanks.

LOL... Ray knows that Matt kid. He could not know the first thing about a car to tell you that the used3 was from a rental company. That would be the absolute last thing I would EVER tell anyone! I know they have been looking at some very qualified Used Vehicles to get some people in the door but find it hard to beleive they would have a rental fleet car. Strange.

I'm an attorney. I definitely know how to transact business over the phone. I had offers and test drives arranged in several cities in Michigan: 3 in Grand Rapids, 1 in Holland, 1 in Lansing, 1 in Bay City, and Suburban in Farmington Hills. I made a spreadsheet of all the offers for the various dealerships, which also included any extras, etc. Suburban called me about two months after I bought my 3 from Borgman and asked if I was still looking. I told them Borgman took care of me and got me the car in Cleveland.

Borgman dealer traded even before I was approved on my financing, which they said they don't like to do. Incidentally, East Imports of Grand Rapids also located the same GG 3 in Cleveland and offered to dealer trade for it, but they wouldn't touch the price I was offered at Borgman. I think they didn't believe me when I told them what they'd sell it to me for. They were trying to call me bluff. Their loss.

Back