Subie in the snow = Fun!

Slider

Banned
:
2004 Subaru 2.5RS
Took my car out on Sat. night before the plow guys did their thing, I was out on country roads and never saw a car (did see some snow mobile guys that looked at me like I was nuts though).:)

Disclaimer:Don't try this with anything other than an AWD or 4WD vehicle.

The first one is looking down the road I just cut new trails in.
The second shot shows how dead the snow was (it came up over my hood when I was driving).
The third show shows the nose of my car after the fun.
The last shot shows how the snow will stick to the back of your car when you are driving thru deep stuff.

My car was clean of snow before I went out.

Attachments

• downtheroad.jpg
    downtheroad.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 189
  • closesnow.jpg
    closesnow.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Nose.jpg
    Nose.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 181
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 160
You know what just kills me? Those commercials for lux cars and SUV's (like Lexus) touting their wonderful and safe AWD systems and they show all the bad roads and the worried mom with kids in the back. Then they show the car driving on a half inch of beautifully groomed snowy road or parking lot. I want to see one plowing through 10 or 15 inches of that s***.

i saw a EVO in addison, IL fish tailing down a side street, i was just waiting to see hem lose it.

Slider, where are you from?
I'm from Central New York and we wound up with 6-8" around here. Needless to say this made for some exciting parking lot antics and fun driving.

- Dan

Donny said:
Slider, where are you from?
I'm from Central New York and we wound up with 6-8" around here. Needless to say this made for some exciting parking lot antics and fun driving.

- Dan

Syracuse.

You only got 6 - 8"?

Hell YEAH!!! I had a blast myself down here in DC. I would go around a corner, punch it, let the boost kick in and do an AWD drift! It hooked right up. We got about 6" max and I had no problems. The stock tires DO slide a little. :D

bah, no need for awd for that. nice tires, limited slip, all set :) i was driving all around on sat night, doing a little plowing with the front of my car, passing SUV's, etc :) it was kinda weird though, i was getting oversteer everywhere, the ass was sliding all around

yeah fwd can be great in the snow. I used to drive my Civic around all the time in the snow and it was supercharged. :D The only problem with it is when you loose traction in FWD there is no way to correct it. You drive wheels also steer. That's where awd comes into play, "from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip". If you loose traction in the front the rear will push you along. It's also a plus from starting on a steep hill and deep snow. Ground clearance can hinder it. The why my REX isn't lowered.

(thumb) to snow!

all i do to get grip again when i lose traction is let off the gas, ass end slides into place and i can go again :) granted it's better to have awd so you don't need to let off, but i still have a good time :)

RAAZ227 said:
Hell YEAH!!! I had a blast myself down here in DC. I would go around a corner, punch it, let the boost kick in and do an AWD drift! It hooked right up. We got about 6" max and I had no problems. The stock tires DO slide a little. :D

You need snow to do that? j/k

I'm on Rota Slipstreams with some all season tires (a little better than the stock tires) and sometime it's tough keeping the car straight in the snow. FUN! (cool)

jred321 said:
bah, no need for awd for that. nice tires, limited slip, all set :) i was driving all around on sat night, doing a little plowing with the front of my car, passing SUV's, etc :) it was kinda weird though, i was getting oversteer everywhere, the ass was sliding all around

Oh yeah, snow envy too. ;)

Back