Sub Box Finally Done!

Balls

MartyBalls
:
03 Protege5
Through a combination of wanting good bass, wanting to keep the utility of my car, getting a free shallow sub, and being told by a few people I couldn't put a sub in my headliner........this is what I came up with. Although it won't blow out your ears, it does sound really good, which is what I was after.

DSC04073.jpg

DSC04074.jpg

DSC04079.jpg

DSC04081.jpg

DSC04162.jpg

DSC04164.jpg

DSC04152.jpg

DSC04159.jpg

DSC04238.jpg

DSC04233.jpg

DSC04260.jpg

DSC04242.jpg

DSC04268.jpg

DSC04270-1.jpg

DSC04275-2.jpg

DSC04276-2.jpg

It actually sounds really good! It sounds like it is in front of you instead of the usual behind you. Plus like I said, I still have full function of the space in the car!

Cant say I have seen that done before.

Nice job..and if it sounds good...Great Job.

Way to think outside....er....above the box.

Wow that looks great. I almost asked why you have tan interior cause I almost forgot that I painted my entire interior black. It just looks so weird with all the tan to me lol.

Great, original project though.

I wrapped it black because after much searching I couldn't find the material I wanted in a matching color. I will eventually wrap the whole headliner in matching material.

that is pretty damn sweet i have seen this done in a Honda but i was not as clean

the guy that did this though ended up having his wires catch on fire and well i sure u can figure out the rest

i think its cuz he had his amp and all the wires up there ....so just keep an eye out

wow, that is so badass. that's the first of it's kind that i've ever seen. i love how clean it looks and props for doing it yourself. that would cost HELLLLLAA i'm sure to have done professionally - not that many in their right minds would pay to have that done cause you never know how it's going to turn out haha

Wow that looks great. I almost asked why you have tan interior cause I almost forgot that I painted my entire interior black. It just looks so weird with all the tan to me lol.

Great, original project though.
Tan...WTH are you talking about.....Thats grey man.
All the P5 Interiors I have ever seen are grey....definately not tan.

No matter...I am still super inpress by this.The only thing that concerns me is rattles....but I guess nothing would really rattle more n this configuration than in a standard one.

Tan...WTH are you talking about.....Thats grey man.
All the P5 Interiors I have ever seen are grey....definately not tan.

No matter...I am still super inpress by this.The only thing that concerns me is rattles....but I guess nothing would really rattle more n this configuration than in a standard one.

Jeez man calm down. Like I said it's been a while since I've seen the actual color so I couldn't remember whether it was tan or gray or whatever. No need to get pissy.

On another note, I would love to see pics when the headliner is wrapped in the same material. Great work man.

Oh no! I was going to tell you to Dynamat the roof while you had everything taken apart. Too late now. Oh well, I like the way it looks and you should feel safe that you are the only P5 with a roof mounted sub.

The roof does have sound deadening material (hushmat), I cut out a LOT of pictures to keep the thread size managable!

Back