Strut Mount Brands

:
06 Mazda 3 Hatchback GT
Bought my car knowing it needed front struts, and I've already picked up some KYB's. Now my question is what strut mount to get. KYB and Moog strut mounts appear to be sketchy going off older reviews. Are Monroe's ok? Any parts store house brand decent? Do I just have to empty my wallet and pick up OEM?

Moog is pretty well regarded for quality parts.

Monroe shocks are pretty decent, I don't see why their struts would be any different.

I would avoid parts store house brands.

Moog is pretty well regarded for quality parts.

Monroe shocks are pretty decent, I don't see why their struts would be any different.

I would avoid parts store house brands.

I was going off some older reviews, and my own recent dealings with Moog. It seems their quality is really hit and miss these days, but I am going off what I have received when I rebuilt the front end of my Pathfinder. I bought ball joints, TRE's, center link, idler arm etc. 1 ball joint was completely different than the others, 2 TRE's were the same, the other 2 were completely different altogether. Center link and idler arm were actually good quality. I was just asking because I know nothing about their strut mounts, so I was hoping to hear from someone who had used either of those brands recently.

I figured on the parts store house brands, but you never know.

My original strut mounts were in good shape (or at least they appeared to be - not sure how to test that observation) so I'm reusing them. I'm leaving them in and just installing KYB struts and boots+bump stops. My bump stop were horribly deteriorated.

My original strut mounts were in good shape (or at least they appeared to be - not sure how to test that observation) so I'm reusing them. I'm leaving them in and just installing KYB struts and boots+bump stops. My bump stop were horribly deteriorated.

Seems the strut mounts are a consumable item, and I'd hate to go through the trouble of doing it all over again if they did go bad before the new struts.

Latest posts

Back