Stock stereo w/ JL 8w0 blows fuse. Help.

Nextruss

:
2003.5 MSP (Titanium)
A while ago my sub/amp stopped working so I replaced the stereo fuse under the hood and they started working just fine again. Now I tried replacing that fuse again because the sub/amp don't power up and every time i turn on the radio, it pops that fuse. I tried like three times in a row and watched the fuse pop when the radio turned on. It is the stock kenwood headunit and amp with a jl audio 8w0 sub. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Check the wiring on the amp for loose connections. Disconnect the power cable and mask it off with electrical tape. If the fuse blows when you put it in, the cable has a short somewhere. If not, the short may be in the amp. Connect/disconnect things until you narrow it down.

from random disconnecting and reconnecting of wires, i was able to turn on the radio without the fuse blowing. so with the amp finally powered, the only bass that came out of the sub was a constant really light buzz. never changed. so i reset the battery again, and upon turning on the radio this time around, the fuse blew again. wtf. is my amp toast?

Back