stock ms6 boost low

jozi-111

:
Mazda cx5 Revolution GT AWD AT
I have stock 06 mazda 6 mps (mazdaspeed6) with fujita cai.
On my Nokia N97 i installed obd2 scope with wireless obd2 module conected to car, and i have racetech electronic boost gauge in center vent.
I am not getting near to claimed 15,6 psi.

Intake manifold pressure in first and secon gear is about 10 psi, that is normal becoase of ecu restriction and dsc. But in top gears 4th,5th,6th it spikes to 14-15 psi at 2800 rpm, and then instantly falls down to 13-12-11 psi and holds 11 psi till 5500 rpm.
Car has only 30000 miles.
Is that normal boost on ms6?
Does my stock bpv leak?

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

On my Nokia N97 i installed obd2 scope with wireless obd2 module conected to car, and i have racetech electronic boost gauge in center vent.

Intake manifold pressure in first and secon gear is about 10 psi, that is normal becoase of ecu restriction and dsc. But in top gears 4th,5th,6th it spikes to 14-15 psi at 2800 rpm, and then instantly falls down to 13-12-11 psi and holds 11 psi till 5500 rpm.
Does my stock bpv leak?

Gauge might be off? The Stock BPV should be ok unless its gone bad then thats another story.

Does my stock bpv leak?

How long have you had the car? Is this something that just hapopened or has it "always" been this way?

How long have you had the Fujita installed?

What are the environmental conditions when this is happening? The ECU is always targeting Load(torque) not a specific boost value, so depending on IAT, ECT, etc. the ECU may be hitting the Load target at the lower boost levels, which is quite normal.

I recommend you check the fujita air filter to make sure it isn't too far up on the pipe.

I own the car from beginning, but gauge and obdscope i have last four week.
Fujita is installed 20 days ago.
I will check filter, it might be too far up on pipe.
Thnx

When I was installing fujita air filter i couldnt put it on the botom of the pipe becoase down under is some kind of oil cooler for servo i think (on attached image).
I managed today to put filter 3 inches lower, but it is now very near to the oil cooler.

I will also attach some datalog from today in 4th gear but only with low sample per second.
I hit solid 15 psi at 2800rpm (spike 16-17), and then went slowly down, but much better than before.
Air temerature was 50 F, and clear weather.

Attachments

• 13.3.png
    13.3.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 810
  • 13032010229.jpg
    13032010229.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 828
  • 13032010231.jpg
    13032010231.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 809
Just for future reference you shouldn't mash on the gas at 2800 rpm. Thats a good way to bend a rod. In 1st / 2nd you should be okay but definately not a good thing to do in 3rd+.

Thanks for advise coyfish and Forzda 1.
Coyfish you have forge bpv, I am thinking to buy one. Do you fell any diference to stock bpv in boost hold?

And for my cai I made self some hydroshield (saw on forum similar) from water repellent textile and placed it between tyre and air filter to close air inlets for stock intake (picture). Is this ok, or should I buy injen hydroshield?
Thnx

Attachments

• 13032010230.jpg
    13032010230.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 787
In regards to holding boost you won't feel a difference unless your stock bpv is leaking. I did notice better response between aggressive shifts however. The stocker seems kind of lazy when your shifting at WOT. It does have quit a loud "ping" sound. Its a love or hate thing. Before purchasing one I would listen to some youtube clips to make sure it wont drive you crazy. The turbosmart bpv is also a nice piece with a more "stockish" sound.

if you had to move the filter down 3" inches that is quite substantial and i can see why you weren't boosting correctly. with the fujita you need to make sure that pipe does not go past the collar like others have said, since this will hurt the airflow. i've run the fujita before and its not a bad intake just need to make sure its installed correctly.

Just for future reference you shouldn't mash on the gas at 2800 rpm. Thats a good way to bend a rod. In 1st / 2nd you should be okay but definately not a good thing to do in 3rd+.

Then why do they do that on the dyno.. They like punch the crap at around 2,500 plus rpm in 3rd 4th and 5th sometimes

I think the rod bending has more to do with the sudden rush of torque down low.. But Im not sure.

Back