Stereo Reviews! Post your system and your honest review!

b_real45

Hey guys.. I was just thinking it would be great of everyone would post specs of their systems (pics or links too!) and had a review about them. Include details like installation mishaps/hurdles, etc.

Please follow this format : (I'll use my old system as an example)

HeadUnit:

Panasonic CQ-DP875EUC
40watts x 4
3 preouts @ 2V each
Detachable face
Aux-in

Front Speakers:

Cerwin Vega 6002
6.5"
55 Hz-20 kHz
60W (rms)
120W (max)

Rear Speakers:

Cerwin Vega 6002
6.5"
55 Hz-20 kHz
60W (rms)
120W (max)

Subwoofer(s):

Kicker Competitions
2 - 12" subs
300watts RMS each
600watts peak each
8-ohm each (wired to have 4-ohm total)

4-channel Amp:

JBL Decade DA3504
35watts x 4 @ 4-ohm 14.4V
input voltage : 250mV - 4V

2-channel Amp:

JBL Decade DA1002
100watts x 2 @ 4-ohm 14.4V
300watts x 1 bridged (current configuration)
input voltage: 250mV - 4V

Equalizer:

Kenwood KGC-4042A
5-band eq
1/4 DIN size

link: Car pics

Review:

The system as a whole really had poor sound quality. It was mostly a system to "quad" in and that was what I intended on having. The headunit was a pretty good unit, except for the fact that it was pretty sensitive to bumps in the road, causing CDs to skip. The preamp voltage could be better.. as 2V was the most it supplied.

The JBL amps were just "OK." They would get very hot and you could tell the output would decrease as it got hot. I would have preferred to have variable crossovers on the amps, but they only had a switch for a few select frequencies.

The Kickers are just there to add bass.. not high quality.. just decently loud. Of course, there wasn't enough power going to them to get the best out of them, but I'm pretty sure sound quality wouldn't have improved if I added more power.

The Cerwin Vega speakers were not bad. They handle power but really have no low-end. Midbass is adequate.. barely. I would definitely do components in the front insead of coaxials next time.

Overall, I'd give this system a 4 out of 10. It was my first system, and I really had no resources for researching products/designs, etc. I was content with it at the time and that's all that is important I guess! hehe. :)

Please follow this format : (I'll use my old system as an example)

HeadUnit:

JVC
50W x 4
2 preouts @ 2V each
Detachable face
Aux-in
remote

Front Speakers:
PIONEER TS-A1665 6.5 6 1/2 3 WAY SPEAKERS
50W (rms)
180W (max)

Rear Speakers:
PIONEER 6x8 Inch 3-Way Speakers 220 Watt TS-A6867
6x8
50W (rms)
200W (max)

Subwoofer(s):

Polk ex (soon to be audiobahn alum12q)
2 - 12" subs
300watts RMS each
600watts peak each
4-ohm each

2-channel Amp:
KENWOOD KAC-729S 2 Channel
150 watts x 2 at 2 ohms
300watts x 1 bridged (current configuration)

Equalizer:
Audiobahn AEQ6Q
1/2 DIN size

link: Car pics

Review:

im not real impressed.. thats why im doinga system overhaul. the subs are decent.. the door speakers are decent and so is the deck. nothing to write home about

I haven't started with my P5 yet, but this sounds like a cool thread and I'll add to it by submitting an old system:

Ride: 1990 Grand Marquis

HeadUnit:

Clarion 9575rz
3 preouts @ 4V each
Motorized Detachable Face
8bit color LCD
No Internal Amp.

Front Speakers:

Eclipse 8062 (I think)
6.5"
3/4" Silk Tweeter
55 Hz-20 kHz
80W (rms)
Custom Kickpanels

Rear Speakers:

None.

Subwoofer(s):

Eclipse 8600 Series
Single 12" DVC
170W (rms)
sealed enclosure

4-channel Amp:

MTX Audio Thunder 204
25W x 4, 100W x 2 @ 12.5V
65W x 4, 250W x 2 @ 14.4V
Bridged to Front speakers.
(thats right, 250 watts to each component)

2-channel Amp:

MTX Audio Thunder 302
75W x 2, 300W x 1 @ 12.5V
110W x2, 450W x 1 @ 14.4V
Bridged to Subwoofer
(this was overkill and the gain was way down)

Equalizer:

None.

Link
http://members.sounddomain.com/chuyler2

Review:

The speakers had come from my previous install, a 1987 Mercury Cougar and I never got around to purchasing a second sub.

Anyway, the Clarion head unit is a dream. Great SQ and easy controls. I could have added a DAC/EQ to it but never got around to it. I may pick it up off ebay someday when its cheap.

There was no SQ loss at the amps that I could tell. Both were slightly overkill so they were operating well below their limits. The sound was punchy yet detailed, especially in the midrange (read on).

Sending 250 watts to just any pair of speakers usually results in a bad smell. Not my Eclipses. With high power, they shined. The silk tweeter stayed soft and not "in-your-face" like many aluminum tweeters. The mids hit extremely hard almost to the point where the sub wasn't needed. Bass drum kicks were live and up front and snare drum cracks were tight enough to stop your heart.

The missing link was the deep bass. The single 12" was not enough to fill the trunk of my Marquis. It filled out the low end and complimented the midrange well, but for hip-hop or pop music you could hear it straining to keep up. I blame this completely on the car, had this 12" been in my P5, it would have been a perfect match.

The kickpanels, although they provided perfect imaging and staging, created an odd eq curve that was difficult to remedy w/o an eq. I used the gains and crossovers on the amps (which were very helpfull) to produce a decent curve but there were a few freq.s that stood out (such as the snare drum mentioned above) that could have been quieted. If the car wasn't such a piece of s***, I probably would have taken it to a show or two to see how the judges though of my sq.

303093_2.jpg

Last edited:
HeadUnit:

Clarion VRX935 DVD 7" Touchscreen
non-powered
Dolby Digital/DTS
Custom Flush mount in dash

207769_69_full.jpg

Front Speakers:

JL Audio Evolution XR650CXi
Description: 6.5-inch (160 mm) Coaxial; 1-inch (25 mm) Aluminum Dome Tweeter, Grilles Included
Power Handling: 70W Continuous
Recommended Amp Power: 25 - 150 Watts
Efficiency: 89.5 dB @ 1W/1m
Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 25 KHz 3 dB

Rear Speakers:

JL Evolution VR525 CSi
Description: 2-way System: 5.25-inch (130 mm) Woofer, 0.75-inch (19 mm), Silk Dome Tweeter, Grilles Included
Power Handling: 60W Continuous
Recommended Amp Power: 15 - 100 Watts
Efficiency: 87.5 dB @ 1W/1m
Frequency Response: 63 Hz - 25 KHz 3 dB

Subwoofer(s):

JL Audio 10W7
2 - 10" subs
500watts RMS each
1000watts peak each
3-ohm each

207769_22_full.jpg

4-channel Amp:

JL Audio 300/4
75watts x 4 @ 4-ohm 11V-14.4V
input voltage : 200mV - 8V

2-channel Amp:

JL Audio 500/1 x 2 (1 per sub)
500watts x 1 (Mono Block) @ 1.5 - 4-ohm 14.4V
input voltage: 200mV - 8V

207769_49_full.jpg

Review:

Well this system was designed to have great SQ and be functional for my wife. She can fit a full size stroller and groceries in the car and I still get my system!!!

Sound quality is really good. I have been told the imaging is incredible, and I definitely like it. You can hear where the individual musicians were standing in relation to the mic when they recorded the track.

Bass is unreal. These subs play incredibly low and loud. There is no distorion on the subs at all. Best thing is I have yet to even turn up the gains and match the amps to the system. Too lazy to take apart the amp rack and do it properly. That is something I hope to do this weekend.

I have won a few trophies at shows for best stereo install. Have gone to a few dB Drags, best result is a 142.9 which I think is pretty good for 2 10" subs and a SQ system. I think the car realistically will peak around 145 when the gains are properly set and I do some more tuning.

Last edited:
HEAD UNIT

Alpine CDE7830
2 or 3 RCA outputs (4volt)

CROSSOVER
Coustic XM1e (simple 2 way xover)

AMPLIFIERS
SoundStream Class A 6.0 (600 Watts RMS in to 1 ohm)
1/2 ohm stable bridged and 1/4 ohm stable in stereo
(On subs @ 1 ohm load)

SoundStream Class A 3.0 (75 watts RMS x 2 channels, but is pushing 150 RMS x 2 channels @ 2 ohms)
On all component and midbass speakers so each is receiving 75 watts RMS

SPEAKERS

Boston Acoustics Pro Series 5.4 Components (5 1/4" in custom made kickpanels)

SoundStream Reference SS6.1 6 1/2 midbass (in front doors)

(No rear fill)

SUBS

Elemental Designs EK.44 Dual Voice coils (4 ohm per coil) in a prefab sealed box.

Overall sound is really loud and clear. This is a good high end system, but a little bright with the titanium dome tweeters of the Boston Acoustics (I always liked the sound of silk dome tweeters ever since the original a/d/s 320i I think). Passive crossover that come with the Proseries does have a (-3db) switch to cut down on brightness, but after hearing Diamond Audio, I prefer the Diamond Audio over Bostons.

Subs sound really loud and tight with good sound quality no matter what type of music material you listen to. I am for SPL and SQ and plan on having a ported box built for them and besides, this prefab box is just that and not designed specifically for this sub like the new box will be.

Amps sound really awsome, perhaps some of the best I have encountered to date with the major drawback of being a class A amp, inefficiency. Dimming headlights when listening to music at moderate to loud levels causes dimming. Dimming is a bit annoying to say the least.

I listen to a large range of music and the system shines no matter what kind of music you listen to. My stuff is a bit old, but it all still sounds great, but if I could replace any thing that I know would be better, it would be the Bostons for the Diamond Audio. No comparison when listening to them side by side. Otherwise, I am very pleased with the sound and I am very critical when it comes to how music should sound./members/MisterT/372226_21_full.jpg

Last edited:
HeadUnit:

JVC Color changing KLD model series
50 X 4 watts
Sub-out
4 way eq

Front Speakers:

Boston Acoustics Pro 6.5 componets
50-450 watts rms

Rear Speakers:
None - Not needed

Subwoofer(s):

Kicker Solobaric L5 12 inch
Custom Sealed Box
Blue Painted cover.

2-channel Amp:
Kicker 300.2 Amp
Certified 410 watts RMS

1-channel Amp:
Xtant 3001A
300 watts RMS
Fully regulated
Speical Limited Titanium edition

Wiring:
Full Monster Car Audio XLN wiring.

Review:
The Boston Acoustics Pro's are some great speakers. They have excellent crystal clear highs , and play LOUD. I highly suggest them. They also take a ton of watts but play loud with just 50 watts. My subwoofer pounds with the best of them. The solobaric is just a beast. The 12 inch model has as much cone as a round 15 inch. My radio is unique , never see the same color twice with its dot matrix color changing display.

Not sure of all the specs on my system and too lazy to look it all up.

Current Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P9300
deh-p9300_big.jpg

2001 top model, lacks MP3 support.
50x4 Amp
3 4V outputs
Various Timing and EQ settings
A good overall unit, but since it lacks the MP3 support and the screen is starting to have some defects, this unit will be replaced soon.

Front Stage: Focal 165K3 Components
6.5" in Door/Mid-Tweet in Custom Kicks
kick3.jpg

Excellent imaging and sound. Tweeters are a bit bright, but they are titanium. Next set will have some silk domes. Could benefit from some additional Mid-bass from the 6.5"s.

Rear Speakers: Focal 165HC Coaxial in Doors
6.5" Coaxial Speaker.
165hc.jpg

Sound Quality is good from these coaxials, with decent bass response, highs and mids also sounded good.
Found that these drew too much attention away from the front stage, so they are now faded out of the system. New system will not have rear speakers.

Front Amp: JBL p80.4
P804.gif

40x4 amp bridged to 160x2 to run the Front Speakers
Amp has performed remarkebly well. It is obvious that the power outputs are lower than rated, but not much. Amp has delived clean sound and am quite pleased with it so far.

Rear Amp: JBL p180.2
Looks the same as other amps. 90x2 to drive the rear speakers which as I have mentioned are faded out of the system

Subwoofer: Elemental Designs E12K.44
12k.jpg

This sub is mounted in custom built (by MaxxBling) enclosure to the right side of the hatch.
This sub is extremely versatile in that it does not require much airspace and hits really low and loud. I have recommended this woofer to many people and have not heard anything negative about them or the company (except for Asylum's mishap). With the power I am giving it, I expect that I need a better, more capable enclosure though. Next system will probably go with 2 10's or another 12 for an extremely booming setup.

Sub Amp: JBL pB600.1
looks the same as the other amps.
600x1 @ 2ohms
Amp has been really good. It probably has an output short of the 600W which is fine because it is more that the woofer's RMS capability anyway. Haven't had any heat issues or any other problems to think of with these amps.

Wires/Cables/etc: All Power & Ground Wires from Knukonceptz.com along with Fuse Holder. RCAs, Distribution Block and Cap from Streetwires.

All in all, happy with everything so far, but that is never good enough, is it? That is why I am planning out a system with new HU, 2 7" or 8" Midbasses in each door, 5.25" component system in kicks and more, cleaner power to each. 2 10' or 2 12" woofers and more power to them. Everything in custom fiberglass housing and more.

Here is a pics of the current hatch setup:
amps2.jpg

Last edited:
Here's mine (not done yet):

HU: Alpine CDA-9815
It has a ton of features such as mp3 playback, i-personalize, v-drive, etc... I love this HU and it looks awesome.

Front speakers: JL XR525-CS
2-way System: 5.25-inch (130 mm) Woofer; 1-inch (25 mm) Aluminum Dome Tweeter (surface mounted on the sail panels)
Power Handling: 60W Continuous
Recommended Amp Power: 25 - 125 Watts
Efficiency: 89.5 dB @ 1W/1m
Frequency Response: 53 Hz - 25 KHz 3 dB

Amps: Both are installed under the front seats.
-Front speakers Amp: PG Tantrum 300.2
2 Channel Amplifier
2x75 Watts @ 4 Ohm
2x150 Watts @ 2 Ohm
1x300 Watts @ 4 Ohm Bridged (343w according to the birth sheet :D )
18dB Continuously variable crossover

-Sub Amp: some cheap 4 chanel amp, it puts out about 200w bridged. I want to replace it with another PG Tantrum but I don't have the cash right now.

Sub: JL 12"w0 in a sealed enclosure.
Continuous Power Handling: 125 Watts
Voice Coil: 1.38" diameter, 6-layer, Kapton former
Available Configurations: 4 ohm or 8 ohm (Single Voice Coil)

It's a pretty good sub for what it costs, I want to replace it along with the amp with a more potent SQ sub, either a JL w3v2 or a w6v2.

Review: I like my system a lot, specially the front stage and the HU, my next adition will be a pair of rear speakers (JL VR 6.5CXi) because I want a litle more mids as well as the "sorround sound" feeling. After that, Ill upgrade the sub and it's amp.
I'm looking for SQ, SPL would be like an added bonus but it's not really what I'm after. Also, functionality is a priority, the sub enclusure has to be easily removed so a flashy set up in the trunk is out of the question.

I have some pics in my w w w

Bump! Want to hear about more installs...this post is a good idea to see what every one has and how they like it IMO. We gotta keep it going! :D

My system-bone stock. rating 2 out of 10. What's going in,

HU: Stock 6 disc w/ Navone LOCs

Front:
JL VR600-CS

Rear: removed

Sub:
JL 6W0 in fiberglass box in trunk area.

4 channel amp
Alpine MRV-F400

Hopefully it'll sound decent, and look bone stock. The JL sub should easily outperform the stock pioneer. I'll also get 2" of trunk depth back and won't lose any usable space. I might put another 6W0 in there, space is plentiful and those speakers require no room at all. Almost tempted to put the subs in the rear doors.

This is how I had it in my P5, I use the same stuff in my truck now, just de-tuned a little being in a smaller space.

HeadUnit:

Rockin' the Stock

Front Speakers:

MB Quart RSC 216
6.5" Components
Reference series, next step below Q's

Rear Speakers:

Stock

Subwoofer(s):

JBL GTI 1000
1 10 inch in slot-loaded
ported enclosure

4-channel Amp:

PPI PCX 480
80 watts x 4
built in 24db crossover

2-channel Amp:

PPI PCX 2125
125 watts x 2
500 watts x 1
built in 24db crossover

Review:

Simplify!! That was the idea behind this setup. I don't listen to rap or live by how many people turn their heads to sneer at my bass, so SPL was not any concern here.
Most lower-model stock head units have no built in EQ-ing, and have little power, making them a perfect match to keep a clean dash and still sound perfect. The PPI amps are capable of handling any input right into the RCA jacks, and with my own listening tests were only beat by tube amps for warmness and clarity, and really brought the stage to full width.
JBL used to be it's own company before being bought, and made some of the cleanest sounding subs I ever listened to. The GTI 1000 is a very heavy 10 inch that hasen't been made in several years, and I keep a second one around knowing that I will never find them again if something happens to one. Damping is excellent and these subs require a ported enclosure.
MB Quart gets put down for being harsh and low on power handling, but like I said, I'm not going for volume points, just really clear sound. When properly adjusted, the reference series components are amazingly clear. My old system had ADS 335is, and these Quarts just go one step further. Piano, female vocals, and horns and strings are crystal clear and have no harshness on "S"'s and "sh"'s.
Overall, I'd say 8 out of 10, only because I don't have any kind of custom tricks installed, just a plain old install, amps under seats and box in the rear. However, I can pull out any CD I have and enjoy listeneing to it.

This is my old sytem im in the middle of rebuilding now

Head unit:pANASONIC 7INCH IN-DASH SCREEN CQ-VA707W

Front stage: Memphis mclass 6.5's

Rear stage:(built into wall) Memphis Mclass 6.5's

4 Channel amp: Memphis MC2004

subs: 3 Memphis mojo 15's

sub amps: 6 Memphis 1000d's

EQ: Memphis EQP4

this setup is pretty impressive it has a supprisingly decent amount of sound quality. This was built to compete but has a removeable port for lower tuning for daily driving. The mids and highs are GREAT excellent SQ.

Head: Alpine CDA-9815
60 x 4

Front Speakers: Infinity KAPPA50.5CS
5-1/4" components
85W RMS
255W Max

Rear Deck: JL Audio Evolution VR690CXI
6 x 9 inch
80W RMS
150W RMS ???

Subs: 2 JL Audio 15w1
15 inch
150W RMS

Amp: JL Audio 500/1

Rating: I'm really not sure if I like it or not. I get compliment on it but since I listen to it more than anyone else, I notice little things that I dont like. Like my components and 6x9's sound like s*&% and I have no idea why, they distort whenever there is the slightest kick of bass, so I have to turn the bass all the way down on them. I know the front shouldn't put out that much bass anyway but the 6x9's sounded A LOT better with my old JVC head unit. This weekend I'll be hooking up my old Xplode 4 channel, 800W amp to those and hopefully that will fix that. The other problem is my 15's. The sound awsome with some songs, suprisingly tight, for 15's. But during some songs, I swear my old 10w0's in a bandpass kicked their azz, even though they were hooked up to the Xplode. I guess that won't be a problem anymore since I got a 12W6v2 on its way to me. Anyway, when it's a said and done hopefully my review will be a little more positive.

HeadUnit:

Alpine cda-7897
50W x 4
3 preouts @ 4V each
self-hiding face
Aux-in
remote

Front Speakers:
6.5" Focal Polykevlar Components
RMS 100W
MAX 200W

Rear Speakers:
stock for now

Subwoofer(s):
Infinity Basslink
1 10" woofer + 1 10" passive
built-in 200W class D amp

4 channel Amp:
Alpine F-400
40Wx 4 @ 4 ohm
(bridged to 100W x 2)

Equalizer:
fresh out of eq's :(

link: http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290355307&p=4231964119&idx=25

Review:
Basslink: My SQ is great! However, I want more thump. I'm tossing around the idea of a RF 12" sub.
Focals: Once again though, the SQ is great but I want it LOUDER!
cda-7987: No complaints at all. I love it.
F-400: Probably the first thing I swap out. I'm thinking either PPI or Orion. Then we'll see what those Focals can really do!

All together, I really like my Audio set-up. When I have a couple of bucks to spare, I'll be upgrading my sub & amp...The Basslink is great for SQ, and it definately rattles the spoiler:D, but I want higher SPLs!

Last edited:
HeadUnit:
Eclipse CD8454
8v pre-outs
E-iserv (memory stick for back and fourthing system profiles recorded with included mic to eclipse's online database)
Running in 3-way pro mode currently in lieu of an outboard active crossover.
timealignment and attenuation variable independantly for each side's tweet/mid/midbass
My only gripe with this deck is it's "cue" time is horrible. meaning I'll be out of my driveway befor eit starts playing music. Small price to pay for all of the lovely little tidbits of electronics wizardry contained within it. Also, the volume control is not responsive enough... gettig through 60steps of volume takes WAY toolong with the way their rotary dial is setup. oh, and the remote's volume control is worthless.

Front Speakers:
I had a set of Elemental Designs eDi's for about the 2 days it took for them to blow while listning to Tracy chapamn's "fast car" WEAK! (there's a big debate allover the web)
At anyrate, I've now got a frankenstien 3-way setup with 5 speakers per-side (hardly the simple setup I'd initially intended)
-CDT 25mm silkdone tweeter, and satnet Crossover (leftover from the ed stuff)
-CDT "IEK" attenuatable accessory 20mm silk tweeter kit to raise soundstage
-VIfa "infinity-style" 4.5" 8ohm midranges I've got a pair per side flanking the tweeter in a MTM hometheater arrangement.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=299-431
-VIfa 7" PL's in door for midbass (200-60hz)
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=297-323
Thread of the creation of my kicks:
http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/showthread.php?t=79537&page=1&pp=15

Rear Speakers:
stock, and not connected

Subwoofer(s):
eD 12a.22 in a fiberglass box:
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59808&page=2&pp=15&highlight=fiberglass+mdf
I wish I could say that the sub sucks, as eD has DEFINATELY fallen form my favor, but it's pretty damn impressive. I've been told, and it's become apparant that their recommended enclosure is WAY off, adn Ideally I could use 2cubic feet, and now that I've been in the highend 12v world long enough, and heard enough systems, I can notice a bit of a lack in extreme lowend, but it's got WAY more than enough boom for me.

4 channel Amp:
Tsunami db4440
75wX4 running front channels to tweeter/4's with CDT crosovers. Rear channels go to in-door 7" mids.
Amps sounds good, when it works. I've had to send it in once already for popping fuses out of the blue under no particular stress, and now somethign appears to be loose and half of the channels will randomly cutout. It was cheap, but not worth it.

Sub Amp:
Tsunami db1100
1100wx1 @1ohm
Same story here, only this one I've sent in twice. and now it kicks into protect mode about half the time at random. again, no huge over-the-top stresses have been placed on it, just daily music listening.

Equalizer:
None yet, My deck's got PLENTY of toys on it to keep me occupied for the time being, but I'm sure I'll eventually windup with an AudioControl of some sort.

Review:
MY kicks are currently unfinished but I've been learning ALOT lately, and I'm pretty certain that from this point on, I will always run kicks of some sort. I've finished aiming, and they're now out of my car while I settle on a good method to glass them in, I'm left with jsut a set of infinity kappas 5x7's in the doors, and my midrange definition that once sounded pretty good to me is muddy and just plain not there. I've truely been enlightened. Fitting dual 4" hometheater drivers was NOT easy, and made worse by the fact that they've got bucking magnets on the backs of them (making them deeper) But I think I've settled on a decent compromise. I'm pretty sure that if I ever do it again, I'll use a single 5-1/4" driver, but DEFINATELY kicks. I'm currently offended listening to the lowly coaxes in my doors. Speaking of which. I've yet to determine what kind of lowend the kicks will be able to handle, thoeretically, dual 4.5" mids shoudl have similar midbass to a single 6, but space-limitations might degrade responce, so I've got the 7's for the doors (I've been running the kappas just crossed over to play 200-60hz) This really adds some punch upfront that was otherwise missing.

The tsunami amps were a good deal for their output, but I just cannot stand the reliability issues. As soon as I can afford it, they'll be gone.

Elemental designs can bite me. They chose to create a huge stink over the $40 or less it would have cost them to warranty my speakers like they should have. http://www.msprotege.com/vbb225/showthread.php?t=75971 However form that whole situation, I feel that I was just motivated to learn more and I'v eultimately woundup with a much nicer setup, beit pieced together or whatever...

Last edited:
Update on my system:

New Head Unit:

Pioneer DEHP7600MP
I like this head unit, but need to learn more about tweaking the sound. There are various EQ settings, but the "custom" setting is what I want to change. Right now it sounds like too much highs and lows and needs more midbass. Also, my tweeters are cutting out at high volumes, even just before distortion. I plan on playing with the passive xovers and switch them from flat to -3dbs to help out with this as well as learn to adjust the EQ built in the HU.

Back