stereo question

DrPhill

:
Dr Phill-mobile
does kenwood have a good reputation, buecause i am planning to get a new head unit and i saw a really nice kenwood unit. i dont know anything about steros so i need help

Kenwood makes alright stuff, but the MSP owners are having problems with their decks getting stuck. Just because of that, i wouldn't get one. Anything motorized face has that chance of getting stuck. (I can't talk though, i have a POS Sony...)
I'd get an Alpine if i had enough money, they make some of the best decks in my opinion.

i have a kenwood excelon and i love it, i just wish it played mp3 discs.

it really depends on what you like. dont buy it solely on looks. first make sure it has all of the features you want it to have (fold down or pass-through face,detachable face, mp3 playback, changer controls, bass/tone controls, remote, preamp outputs, etc.). then make sure the display is easy to read and that the buttons are easy to find. also make sure that the buttons are layed out well. you dont want the buttons that you use most-often to be small and clustered together. whatever you do, do impulse shop for a headunit, i did and now i regret not getting one with mp3 playback......................................

Don't buy a Kenwood. They have numerous problems besides them getting stuck. IMO you should buy any of these brands: Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, JVC, Eclipse, there is a few more but my peanut brain is having a brain fart. I love my Pioneer DEH- P9300. I bought it for $369.99 from Etronics and was normally $800, and it has every option you could think of. And a 3D display helps A LOT! Having a big 3D display gives you on screen displays to work with and makes adjustments a breeze. My Pioneer is motorized and I've had it almost 2 years and I do not have anything bad to say about it except that it doesn't play mp3's., BUT the new deck that I'm upgrading to does, the Pioneer DEH- 9400. And these decks have the advanced OEL display, so they are tons better than the Pioneer 3D displays that you see at Circuit City, but thats also why you pay more too. The Pioneers and JVC's have the best user friendly displays. Alpine has one of the more recognized brands and sounds really good. Clarion is a mix of both. You will regret buying a Kenwood. Should go without saying, but the Pioneers make for passenger excitement too, everyone gets a kick out of it. Go check them out!:D

I love my pioneer, its got several neat screen savers to look at. It has a lady and dolphin swimming, the inside of a engine (shows pistons, rods, crank, pushrods, valves and all), and then one of the pioneer F1 car racing. Then it has others that go with the beat of the music. Its pretty easy to program. My girlfriend bought one just like it. so if a woman can program it, then a fuy should be able to.

The_Flamming_7 said:
Don't buy a Kenwood. They have numerous problems besides them getting stuck. IMO you should buy any of these brands: Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion, JVC, Eclipse, there is a few more but my peanut brain is having a brain fart. I love my Pioneer DEH- P9300. I bought it for $369.99 from Etronics and was normally $800, and it has every option you could think of. And a 3D display helps A LOT! Having a big 3D display gives you on screen displays to work with and makes adjustments a breeze. My Pioneer is motorized and I've had it almost 2 years and I do not have anything bad to say about it except that it doesn't play mp3's., BUT the new deck that I'm upgrading to does, the Pioneer DEH- 9400. And these decks have the advanced OEL display, so they are tons better than the Pioneer 3D displays that you see at Circuit City, but thats also why you pay more too. The Pioneers and JVC's have the best user friendly displays. Alpine has one of the more recognized brands and sounds really good. Clarion is a mix of both. You will regret buying a Kenwood. Should go without saying, but the Pioneers make for passenger excitement too, everyone gets a kick out of it. Go check them out!:D

Couldn't have said it better myself :D
Sony CAN be a decent brand if you buy high end stuff. I like my deck alright, but wish it played mp3's. But i'd much rather have an Alpine or a Pioneer.

Kenwood is fine but only go with the excelons and DO NOT buy the KDC-X469 = COMPLETE CRAP!

Alpine is alway my choice, I have everlasting faith in them.
Exoerience has told me that its usualy not the Alpine if there is a problem. That philosophy saved my company a few hundred dollars today.

Back