Stereo automatically switching from USB mode to AM radio upon loading??

Bon Scott

Contributor
:
2014.5 CX-5 GT AWD
Hello folks,

Any of you use USB mode more than other modes as I do?? Sometimes upon starting my vehicle in USB mode (where I left off)...the stereo switches to AM mode while loading. Sometimes it stays in USB mode and resumes play, but when it switches to AM mode I have to physically switch it back to USB mode. Doesn't happen all the time (sometimes it remains in USB mode and resumes play from my USB stick)....but the times when it switches to AM mode perplexes me. Any reasoning for this??

Also, I've noticed that with the new TSB that fixes the USB resume play that it does not resume in shuffle play if that's where you left off. It simply resumes play on the song you left off at but then continues on in order from the stick / playlist. Found that rather odd but it's far better than initially always going back to the 1st track.

Bon

I think it's a loading time issue. If it takes USB more than x seconds to load and start playing, then it switches to whatever mode you had it on last. So if your last mode was AM, it switches to AM, if your last mode was Bluetooth, it should switch to Bluetooth.

Hello folks,

Any of you use USB mode more than other modes as I do?? Sometimes upon starting my vehicle in USB mode (where I left off)...the stereo switches to AM mode while loading. Sometimes it stays in USB mode and resumes play, but when it switches to AM mode I have to physically switch it back to USB mode. Doesn't happen all the time (sometimes it remains in USB mode and resumes play from my USB stick)....but the times when it switches to AM mode perplexes me. Any reasoning for this??

Also, I've noticed that with the new TSB that fixes the USB resume play that it does not resume in shuffle play if that's where you left off. It simply resumes play on the song you left off at but then continues on in order from the stick / playlist. Found that rather odd but it's far better than initially always going back to the 1st track.

Bon

Yes, I have a 2014 Mazda6 with the TSB fix, and mine switches to radio from USB (where it left off at shutdown) every time. I have to then touch the USB tab and it resumes at the correct song it was at at the last shutdown. PITA

Back