Steering Wheel Seek Switch question

I have a 2021 CX 5 GT and use the commander knob to scroll through favorites, be they AM, FM, or Sirius stations. Very easy to me.
My last car was a 2002 Subaru Outback, so this CX 5 seems like a dream to me! Love the car.

Last edited:
That's the thing, the commander knob scrolls, it doesn't actually change the channel until you push it.

Yeah this has been brought up before, hence the "supposed to be able" part and the recommendation to contact Mazda. The manual does say (Some Models), so maybe it applies to non CX-5s with the new infotainment. Maybe the Mazda3 and CX-30 only?
I have a 2021 CX-5 (USA) and it does not have the functionality for XM stations. Very disappointing! Thanks for all the input.

I'm driving a 2022 CX-5 Premium Plus loaner while they replace the engine on my 2018 Mazda6 GT. The steering wheel seek buttons do not work with the XM favorites either. I can't imagine paying the asking price for this car with this "downgrade." It's absolutely maddening!

I wonder if holding down the Nav, Volume knob, and back button at the same time can access a service menu like in my 2018. I've had to do that to reset the radio to get Apple Car Play/Android Auto working again. The USB port wouldn't recognize any device, and that did the trick.

Back