starting problem... split second??

thecrash91

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
So i have had a starting problem for quite some time, and when i took it to my mechanic he told me it sounds like a timing problem at startup. Could it be my Split Second FTC? it does allow timing control. How would i go about disabling the timing aspect?
If i remove the wires that intercepted the timing signal and reconnect the original wires together (BUT ONLY FOR THE TIMING) will the split second still work as a fuel controller? Is this a plausible solution to find out if its the split second causing my troubles? any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Yes, just take the two ignition wires off the SSFTC and wire them back straight to the PCM. Does the SSFTC not come with a bypass harness? That was kind of a nice feature about the AEM FIC.

theres no harness for the split second, just solder in the wires to stock ecu and donezo. only took me like an hour to install and it worked out of the box, a pretty neat feature of split second ;) haha JK!

Also noticed that 50% of the time when i go above a 10 vacuum (10hg/in-0psi) my car runs really rich. like it thinks its going into boost. sometimes it doesnt do this and stays in normal 14.7 range. could this be the split second also? maybe i just have a bad unit? i have gotten CEL for crankposition (which is wired to the split second) as well as the MAF (also wiredto split second). i replaced MAF and code went away, the CEL for crank position went away on its own, came back a few times but ultimately went away (has been gone for months now)

Back