Stagg SHS struts and Tein S-Type springs done today

Did you get an alignment afterwards? Some 1 told me its a good idea to (even though it drives perfectly straight!). Because i was expecting the car's steering to be tighter (and its only a bit tighter)

Thanks

as promised: Here is the car

BEFORE:
205783_216197308396076_100000174266894_1037686_3957106_n-1-1.jpg

AFTER:
20110429175927.jpg

20110429123658.jpg

20110429123641.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEFORE:
20110314141111.jpg

AFTER:
20110429123633.jpg

and the next step:
p5ms3.jpg

and just ordered the powder-coating this morning

sorry the pics are crap :/

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

And if I get an allignment will that make it have a tighter . More responsive steering?

Even though it's perfectly straight when driving.

And would Belltire or discount tire be OK?

Reason I ask is because some 1 told me to go to Autoeurope for a street type tight setup for 180$ f &r.but that's a lot imo

Thanks

My local Discount Tire stores do not have alignment services. Could be different elsewhere though.

hmm idk, you might be right, but i thought they did..all i ever got done at Discount was mounting/balancing stuff. SO you may be right..

but anyways, does any one know if I really need to get an alignment done? It drives perfect, no pulls . I just want tighter steering, would an alignment do anything?

Thanks

It's never a bad idea to get an alignment done after any suspension work. Peace of mind is worth quite a bit when you're behind the wheel.

hey guys update on the car, the suspension is stull doin fine !

i just got some newer wheels now

Got my Mazda3 Wheels on!! w 2007 Mini Cooper S Runflat/ Sticky 205/45/17 Tires ! :D

Here she is over time: ( i tried to keep the same angle)

when i got her w the snows on
20110105154616-1.jpg

W the stocks
20110320074458.jpg

W the drop
20110429175927.jpg

W the drop/ wheels :]
20110510150747.jpg

20110510154610.jpg

..Next is to put on the white powder coating i bought / after sandblasting em ;]
SuperMirrorWhite3.jpg

update on these:

I'm supremely happy I did get this setup now. The ride isn't harsh at all now - and it's steady enough that it provides excellent cornering and trackability. It's only been like 2 months, but they're still holding up great! I'll keep updating this as we go on with more miles and different seasons etc, etc....

ciao!

Same w me as ihone..I believe we both bought em at the same time..I whip the heck out of it sometimes and w these crap roads amd potholes..its holding up just great .lov em

now to get end-links to fix my clunkity-clunk......

....should I just get the stock length links or go for shorter ones because of the springs being shorter?

advice?

now to get end-links to fix my clunkity-clunk......

....should I just get the stock length links or go for shorter ones because of the springs being shorter?

advice?

stock length should be just fine. its not until you get into the "Slammed" territory that you need shorter links.

I think I'll try my hands at making a set honestly. I can get the length I want to make them perfect, and wrench them up a lil to make it a little more twitchy for AutoX. Should make for a fun project!

I think I'll try my hands at making a set honestly. I can get the length I want to make them perfect, and wrench them up a lil to make it a little more twitchy for AutoX. Should make for a fun project!

if you want adjustables for the front i hav some..bought and never used yet

Those DIY links are good. I got my new tokicos coming in soon and already have H&R Springs on my car

Back