stage 1+ ms cai v102 dyno

dread

as the title states, only mod ms cai

dyno1.jpg

would be interesting to see what it is without the AP now. I have the same mods as you. Did you dyno before?

gotcha. s***, it would have been really nice to see the dyno without the map.

I agree but it was a dyno day so if I switched to the stock map I would not have had time to develop fuel trims and the stock map most likely would have given falsly high numbers. Not to mention I would be running dangerously lean at WOT on the dyno, so I decided to just use the 102 map

very nice.

That is nice. Torque just keeps building to 4K and power keeps being made to 6k. That's gotta feel pretty good on both counts. Your persistence with Cobb has paid off. Now you need to make it safer by doing something about exhaust to reduce the back pressure. At least a cat delete.

Last edited:
I was thinking about a race pipe but I don't want to increase emissions on my car. The car does drive awesome now even when I am below 3k the car is more responsive. I'm not to worried about back pressure.

I was thinking about a race pipe but I don't want to increase emissions on my car. The car does drive awesome now even when I am below 3k the car is more responsive. I'm not to worried about back pressure.

You'd still have one cat in line for emissions, but maybe that's not good enough for NJ? Back pressure was an expressed concern for Christian when he was first tuning this car. I gotta believe it's an important issue because of the potential for increasing pre-turbo EGT's as targeted boost is increased.

I will have to monitor my boost temps. Boost hasn't been increased that much. I am still only holding mid 16's usually, so its not like I have a 18 psi boost controller and a map clamp, but I here you. NJ is a b**** with emissions stuff, but I don't want to polute the environment more than is necessary. Race pipes are easy to switch out for emissions tests anyway.

Please dread, always calculate backpressure and remove it on a turbo car. this in my opinion. Restrictions do not allow excess heat to move away from motor and turbocharger quickly enough. this approach to turbo compared to all motor is common as I imagine you already know. So throw the stock s*** back on when nearing inspection. Also high flow cats will help. Our cars are a little dirty due to richness at stock. And with a good tuning you should be much more efficient in all aspects. And be fast too! imo

I checked my boosted air temps and they are only only 15-30 above ambient temps, so I am not worried about excess heat. thanks for the concern.

Not the air temps. egts. Most of the heat is retained to light off the cats quickly after start up. Have you noticed how quickly the car comes up to temp?

I'm not in boost until it warms up and its 90 degrees everyday. I don't think that would be any indicator of my egt's. My car does not warm up any quicker than before. I do not have any way to measure egt's so I trust that cobb looks into this. Like I said boost is not increased that much on stage 1+ and back pressure is most likely cobb's concern.

Back