SRT4 FMIC on a MSP???

bhosMSPRO

:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
My buddy has a stock srt4 fmic he will sell me for $100 .. its almost brand new, he bought it for his eclipse and decided to upgrade once again. just wondering if this will fit without hacking up a lot of the bumper and core support.. i would be running custom intercooler piping as well with this.. any input would be appreciated

My buddy has a stock srt4 fmic he will sell me for $100 .. its almost brand new, he bought it for his eclipse and decided to upgrade once again. just wondering if this will fit without hacking up a lot of the bumper and core support.. i would be running custom intercooler piping as well with this.. any input would be appreciated

I almost did the same thing with my friends SRT intercooler. If I remember correctly the endtanks might cause a problem, but I think I chose not to use it because of it's size, its a very long intercooler and without a lot of power I was worried about there being some lag. Maybe someone else has better info, but I am sure with enough time and effort it might work.

the endtanks were actually moved to the back of it by a specialized shop around here.. you can't even see the intercooler piping on it when its connected.. i just didn't know with the size of it and also if you have the run the piping into the back of it, would the radiator get in the way? i will try to get a pic of it up later today, maybe that would help what i'm trying to explain with the endtanks

the endtanks were actually moved to the back of it by a specialized shop around here.. you can't even see the intercooler piping on it when its connected.. i just didn't know with the size of it and also if you have the run the piping into the back of it, would the radiator get in the way? i will try to get a pic of it up later today, maybe that would help what i'm trying to explain with the endtanks

Yeah I see what you are saying. I doubt the radiator will be a problem. Once you get rid of the SMIC you should have plenty of room unless you plan on swapping for a P5 radiator. With enough work though I am sure you could fit it. Basically it comes down to whether or not you have the time and tools.

i got the time and tools.. my dad has like an 8 car garage that he paints cars in and does bodywork and everything.. has a big air compressor and welder as well.. i figured there'd be some work involved with it but for $100 for an almost brand new, pretty good quality intercooler, i wasn't wantin to pass up the offer

i got the time and tools.. my dad has like an 8 car garage that he paints cars in and does bodywork and everything.. has a big air compressor and welder as well.. i figured there'd be some work involved with it but for $100 for an almost brand new, pretty good quality intercooler, i wasn't wantin to pass up the offer

Hey if you have those resources I say go for it. Start a thread on the project and have some pics of it step by step.

I actually did try this. mocked it up and all. There's too much to rearrange.
It's not worth the time. You can find decent intercoolers with proper end-tanks for around 150.

It's not worth the time. You can find decent intercoolers with proper end-tanks for around 150.

i was actually lookin on ebay and found a fmic kit with universal piping that i would have to bend to fit my car.. the full kit is $190 but i wasn't sure if ebay kits are worth it or not cuz its not a brand name kit at all

This is totally true. I was considering that route but ended up coming acroos some money and had my custom setup made. Its the best! I love it. Cost alot though($1300)

thanks for the input everyone.. jus got a question though, is an ebay fmic kit with universal piping a bad idea if i upgrade the couplers cuz i can get the full kit for under $200

Back