squeaking sound on brakes

skman

i got the car for only 4 months
and i heard squeaking sound comming out from the brakes
1) in winter...after you start the car and leave...brakes have squeaking sound everytime i step on it...the sound stop about 5 mins or so
2) in any season brakes have squeaking sound when i'm stepping brakes at downhill
3) the stupid sound appear even in hard braking...

i have another car which is 1994 corolla...the brakes start to squeak after few years..i took it to fix..they clean the brake disks or i don't know what did they do on the disks...but after one week..stupid sound appear again...costed my 400 bucks can. to do that

so i want to know why this happen
how to solve this???
i don't want to take it to fix..cause i'm sure the sound will continue to happen after fix cause that's what happen in my corolla.....
what should i do?

I don't really have a problem with squeaking brakes, but I also have another brake problem so I figure I'll post here too.

Alright, well, the minute I leave my driveway, the road slopes down for about 20 meters and there's a stop sign. I dont' drive fast or anything, maybe 30-40km/h but when I try to stop for the stop sign, the abs ALWAYS comes on. Is this normal? The ABS seems a bit TOO sensitive to me, I have a friend who has a regular '00 Protege sedan and it doesn't happen to his. But I always get my ABS activated whenever I brake just a BIT harder. It gets pretty annoying.

I'd have to say that from my experience that my ABS only really kick in when my wheels loose traction (just try jabbing your breaks as you crest a bump). I would reccomend that you talk to your mechanic about your ABS seeming over sensitive, because it definetly sounds that way.

Its called a Warranty! Hopefully everyone that purchased the P5 has one. When in doubt take it in. If the brake problem continues, make them change the brakes. Talk to the owner of the dealership. You'll see results. Been there, done that. I know that s**** annoying though.:(

as for the squeaking breaks...it sounds like either your rotors or brake pads are just dirty...chances are you got some dried up dirt or other crap up in your brakes...sometimes just spraying this area out can help...if it persists you might take it in to check your brakes to see if they're worn out

Back