Split Second AFC

chrisevich22

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
I was talking with mark from Split Second about getting an Air/Fuel Controller and he said the PSC1-020 would be a good application for my car and I'm only looking to up my boost to around 9-10psi. I have a FMIC, Cold Air Intake, and I'd obviously buy a boost controller/turbo timer. I was also looking at getting a wideband Air/Fuel gauge but don't know what brand to get. I've heard bad things about AEM. Anyways... any ideas on running this set up? I have just rebuilt the entire top end and had everything machined and new cams, new timing belt and water pump, etc.... I hope the bottom end will hold with this AFC!

Chris
Spokane, WA

I have a Unichip in my car and I can say you can feel a noticeable difference when it is installed. I don't have much installed on my car; exhaust, intake, downpipe but other then that it works pretty good. The only downfall is that you need a unichip authorized dealer to tune it if you want more power but if you're after serious power, a stand alone would be a better route which is what I'm going for after I build my motor.

Yeah I was also looking at going with the ssafc because it looks more tunable and a little cheaper. I need to either rebuild or replace my t25 before I tune. It started leaking oil and not making as much boost.

Back