Speedracr79's Build Thread

sounds good im gonna be coating this sat probably gonna do my brothers valve covers so thats gonna be fun time

oh forgot i also got some Rally armor mud flaps also
2013-03-21_20-48-24_101_zps831110d1.jpg

Oh nice I need to get with you next paycheck so I can order the powders so we can get stuff coated and I'm considering getting the mudflaps too I'm kinda not sure though

Edit: also did you ever get your oven idea going cuz I need a bicycle frame I want to coat

Last edited:
Oh nice I need to get with you next paycheck so I can order the powders so we can get stuff coated and I'm considering getting the mudflaps too I'm kinda not sure though

Edit: also did you ever get your oven idea going cuz I need a bicycle frame I want to coat

Got some nice new parts begging to be put in! Lol

Yeah i got the idea just not the money for it at the moment my unemployment. But as soon as i get back on my feet then ill get it done.

And yeah they are begging to be put on they will be in due time

I cant wait to see the finished product.
I would come give u a hand as long as u pay my plane ticket :)

haha well if I had the cash to pay for someone ticket from Canada then id have enough to get the last parts I need...haha but thanks for the offer though

Ok its been a while since I've had any progress but I ordered my coils today went with the yellowspeeds. I'm gonna find a shop to drop off the engine to get the PnP done and then its all down hill. I'll post up my progress I know a few of yall have been waiting for this day to come I know I have. So the end is near.

Bought my AEM Wideband today Next weekend im gonna drop off the engine for port and polish then its all down hill from there

I'm digging the thoroughness and detail of this build, especially the hybrid bumper!

Keep up the good work!

I'm digging the thoroughness and detail of this build, especially the hybrid bumper!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man appreciate it it will come to an end soon only thing I need it to finish off the engine and while I'm at it might as well rebuild the tranny too. So once that's done then I have everything else the other small stuff will come when needed.

On a good note I picked up my coilovers so I'm stoked about that cant wait to get them on.

If you're looking for a turbo kit for your 1.6 a guy here near Montral sells one.

It's a top mount setup, ceramic coated log type manifold, GT25 turbo from a Mitsubishi, downpipe 2.5", lightweight flywheel, etc... Has to be tuned with a Megasquirt standalone unit he also sells in the kit.

Want the link?

Also, put LEDs in your front corner lights. I had exactly the same and because of the heat of the normal light bulb, the outside lens becomes yellow from the interior.

So with LEDs it wont generate any heat and youll save your corners.

Nice car though! Always a fan of a well built 99-00 proteg!

Last edited:
Oh im gonna sell the clear corners im not feeling them i like the amber ones. But yeah PM me the link i might be interested.

dang sounds good man you gonna try to get it running for the next texas meet?and i need to check out your shift knob cuz ive been thinking about getting one since its weighed and my twm shifter raddles a bit. its been a while man i gotta get some stuff coated soon so ill be hitting you up soon maybe we can work on your car...

dang sounds good man you gonna try to get it running for the next texas meet?and i need to check out your shift knob cuz ive been thinking about getting one since its weighed and my twm shifter raddles a bit. its been a while man i gotta get some stuff coated soon so ill be hitting you up soon maybe we can work on your car...

Sounds good man i have another weighted knob i can sell ya if you want IIRC i have 2 a silver and a black one. plus the TWM one i just bought. But yeah i need to get my shop up and running i need to coat my wheels well get together and put an order in for the powder soon. I am finally back on my feet again so im good to go.

Back