Speeding speed

tiagotiago

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
Just a few hours ago I joined the elite club of MS3 owners who've been ticketed for speeding. (five-0)

Funny thing is, I was nailed for doing 40 on a 30 mph zone. Now I was adamant I was crusing along, and that I was going at the speed limit (honest to God, I said nothing but the truth, I was chatting casualy with my passengers and in 4th gear, and when I asked him how fast was I going he said "we saw that you were going over the speed limit over there" he didn't have a radar gun or anything!) but the ticket hungry cop wasn't having any of that.

I was really pissed off a while back, because, well frankly I think those cops should be out there stopping drunk drivers(it was a friday night), or spending time in gang controlled neighborhoods, fighting our notorious drug problems, rather than stopping a guy who went 10 mph over the speed limit in a lonely street, and besides these Mexican cops probably wanted me to bribe them, which of course I didn't.

The only things I find "comforting" for lack of a better word is that:
a) They ticketed me while I was going really slow, as opposed to when I'm "on it".
b) One of the cops (the "bad" cop) asked me defiently "you're testing your car out right? seeing how fast it will go??" A part of me wanted sooo bad to say "please, if I was testing her I wouldn't be going this ******* slow", but then again, that part of me would be probably in jail right now lol.

There end rant, i'll (stfu)

Just a few hours ago I joined the elite club of MS3 owners who've been ticketed for speeding. (five-0)

Funny thing is, I was nailed for doing 40 on a 30 mph zone. Now I was adamant I was crusing along, and that I was going at the speed limit (honest to God, I said nothing but the truth, I was chatting casualy with my passengers and in 4th gear, and when I asked him how fast was I going he said "we saw that you were going over the speed limit over there" he didn't have a radar gun or anything!) but the ticket hungry cop wasn't having any of that.

I was really pissed off a while back, because, well frankly I think those cops should be out there stopping drunk drivers(it was a friday night), or spending time in gang controlled neighborhoods, fighting our notorious drug problems, rather than stopping a guy who went 10 mph over the speed limit in a lonely street, and besides these Mexican cops probably wanted me to bribe them, which of course I didn't.

The only things I find "comforting" for lack of a better word is that:
a) They ticketed me while I was going really slow, as opposed to when I'm "on it".
b) One of the cops (the "bad" cop) asked me defiently "you're testing your car out right? seeing how fast it will go??" A part of me wanted sooo bad to say "please, if I was testing her I wouldn't be going this ******* slow", but then again, that part of me would be probably in jail right now lol.

There end rant, i'll (stfu)

priceless

That is why the last time in Mexico I drive like a grandpa. Any speeding ticket sucks, but it makes it that much worse when you are going slow.

last time I crossed the border and saw cops they were 12 year old little boys in cop uniforms. is it still the same??? i would hope it wasnt a ticket from a 12-year old cop on a bicycle

Thanks for understanding guys!!

I know breaking the law and getting caught is what should happen, but what got me so angry was the fact that I'm adamant I wasn't speeding. I was driving along, saw the cops, didn't think of slowing, passed them, looked at my speedo and I was going exactly at the limit, I even mentioned to my passengers "good thing I wasn't going too fast", and having said that they promply lit up and went after me. The attitude of the cops also bugged me. This is my third speeding ticket (first in the MS3), and the other two cops who pulled me over before behaved very differently, I even got into a nice and smart conversation about road safety with one of them. And both of those times I was speeding and accepted it from the start.

But still, I guess it's karma or something for all the times a I am speeding and don't get a ticket. Things happen for a reason.

Once again, thanks for understanding (cool)

Last edited:
last time I crossed the border and saw cops they were 12 year old little boys in cop uniforms. is it still the same??? i would hope it wasnt a ticket from a 12-year old cop on a bicycle

Well, they did have some time where, on the "center" (oldest/crowded part) of the city they had some cops in bicycles, but I think they stopped doing that a while ago and gave them some bikes. Honestly though, if it would have been one of those cops, I wouldn't have seen him, because it was a bit dark and I would have just seen "some guy in a bicycle" in the mirrors.

Whats prison like in Mexico? I would have ran from them lol

Having not been in one one I wouldn't really know. But from what I've heard, they are not the most clean of places. Though I guess it depends on where the prison is. One in a city will probably be very different from one in a old rural town.

Last time I was there something like that happened too but my friend in my passenger offered the cop some cash maybe about $40 and some beer and he took it and ripped up the ticket. When my friend did that I thought we were gonna goto jail for sure for bribing but the cop bought it. Scary stuff and thank God I wasn't in my MS3. I wouldn't even drive to San Isidro in my car (ughdance) But there are a lot of crooked cops there!

Last time I was there something like that happened too but my friend in my passenger offered the cop some cash maybe about $40 and some beer and he took it and ripped up the ticket. When my friend did that I thought we were gonna goto jail for sure for bribing but the cop bought it. Scary stuff and thank God I wasn't in my MS3. I wouldn't even drive to San Isidro in my car (ughdance) But there are a lot of crooked cops there!

Yeah, I remember when I was in college, and some of the foreign students would at some point talk about how odd/scary it seemed for them when they had that happen while crusing around with a local. It's depressing that it's still as common practice as it is.

And border towns usually have some very unsafe places, I don't blame you for not wanting to go near them, but inevitably honest people still go there because there are usually a lot of factories and pay for executive positions is very good. Usually, if you go past them and stop at the next city, things are better :)

Back