Speed owners in Omaha/Lincoln?

Informal Meet and Greet on May 23rd at Lincoln Air Park

Just wanted to suggest an informal Meet and Greet tomorrow, May 23rd, at Lincoln Air Park for the SCCA Autocross event. H3br3w_Ham3r is racing his MS3 in the event and invites the rest of us to try as well. I won't be this time, maybe next...

The Air Park is located on the west side of the airport. See map directions on the event link:

http://nrscca.com/events.php?id=106

Will be there in the morning if it isn't raining. Hope to see you all there!

Nice pics Matthew! (headbang) Is someone hired by SCCA to take pics and post them for every event or was this a one-time thing?

Are you going to come to Lincoln for the July 11-12 autocross? I think that's gonna be my first one. Yes, you heard that right--I'm gonna give it a try on July 11th! Woo Hoo! Hope to see you there!

There are two guys that take pics at the Nebraska region events. Jerry Doctor is one and I don't know the other guys name. His forum name is boomer6 and he drives a blue 135i like the one that is on his site gotcone.com. And I don't think they are hired to do it. I think they do it as a hobby but they are pretty good at it.

And I'm definitely coming down on the 11th and 12th. I actually was down their on the 14th of this month at Lincoln southwest high school for an event. It was a lot smaller event because of the size of the lot. The course was slower and much shorter. It only took 25 sec to do that course. I actually thought I saw you on my way back to Omaha. Where you heading back to Lincoln from Omaha at about 5 or 6? Saw your car or what looked like your car turning behind me going the opposite direction back to Lincoln.

I also got to drive my moms race prepared Vette at that event which was pretty sick. A bit more tail happy and powerful than our cars. I left the start gate completely sideways!

And your only gona try the 11th? Why not both days? Also, what all is done to your car? I remember you had exhaust, intake, and springs maybe? Your cars stance was awesome so I'm assuming there were some springs under there somewhere. Also are your rims RX-8 rims? Haha a lot of questions I know.

Hey BTW call me Matt. I can't remember the last time someone called me Matthew lol.

Sweet! Another Linconite! Is your MSP silver? If so, I may have seen you on "O" Street a few weeks ago. Welcome to the Mazda family!

I'm definitely in for a previously mentioned Mazda meet-and-greet sometime! We've got to get one organized!

Since sadamek's is Blue you probably saw my Silver MSP. My wife & I actually drive it as a primary car.

Anyhow, show me the way to a track. I've been itch'n to let it rip for a long time!

Just after I bought it in 2006 I was challenged by a Jetta on my to Omaha on I-80 in the 6-lane, and when he finally shut it down I looked at my speed and I was doing 125 mph with a lot of pedal left to go. I was scared as hell that I was going to flush out a Trooper and loose my license.

I was recently challenged by a late-model Camaro SS at 40th & Hwy 2. He couldn't come close to my MSP's acceleration and gave up within a couple of blocks.

Also, this car can drift like I never thought was possible - I take the I-80 Airport exit at 70-75 mph and I could swear I'm driving a rear-wheel car, only the handling of the MSP is far superior to the '99 Miata5 that I sold to buy this car.

I'm not really trying to brag, here . . . okay I am, but I would most like to know what kind of track times I can get. I'm guessing it's somewhere in the 14s. (ricer)

Last edited:
Since sadamek's is Blue you probably saw my Silver MSP. My wife & I actually drive it as a primary car.

Anyhow, show me the way to a track. I've been itch'n to let it rip for a long time!

Just after I bought it in 2006 I was challenged by a Jetta on my to Omaha on I-80 in the 6-lane, and when he finally shut it down I looked at my speed and I was doing 125 mph with a lot of pedal left to go. I was scared as hell that I was going to flush out a Trooper and loose my license.

I was recently challenged by a late-model Camaro SS at 40th & Hwy 2. He couldn't come close to my MSP's acceleration and gave up within a couple of blocks.

Also, this car can drift like I never thought was possible - I take the I-80 Airport exit at 70-75 mph and I could swear I'm driving a rear-wheel car, only the handling of the MSP is far superior to the '99 Miata5 that I sold to buy this car.

I'm not really trying to brag, here . . . okay I am, but I would most like to know what kind of track times I can get. I'm guessing it's somewhere in the 14s. (ricer)

I don't think it was you that I saw on "O" street that night because the MSP that I saw didn't have a CF hood. It looked "stock" and I think it had 14 county plates if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, good to hear from you! Sounds like you've got a racer there! Come on out and join H3br3w_Ham3r and I next weekend, July 11th, at Lincoln Air Park (west side of the airport) for the SCCA Nebraska Region event #3 autocross. It's gonna be my first try at this so I don't know quite what to expect from my 3. Hope I don't make a fool out of myself! I went and watched Matt race in the event at the end of May and am itchin' to give it a try! Sounds like this kind of thing is right up your alley!(drive2)

Here's the link for the event:

http://nrscca.com/events.php?id=110

H3br3w_Ham3r (Matt) is going to do both days, I'll just be there on Saturday.

Here's the rulebook so you can figure out what class you'd be in (just download the pdf file):

http://www.scca.com/contentpage.aspx?content=61

If you can't figure it out, there are guys that will help you there as you go through tech inspection. Loaner helmets are available as well (I need one!). They're racin' rain or shine! Look for Matt's black MS3 or my Black 3 5-door. Hope to see you and any other Mazda owners there!

Steve

Wow I never saw new posts on this forum. Ya Mazdapop you should definately bring out your car to the Auto-x this weekend. We'll show you the ropes and help you get going. If you go to the Nebraska region website NRSCCA.com and go to the forums. Post under the class section and list your mods and ask what class you will be in. Someone will help you out. It's going to be a huge event. People coming in from Canada, Minnesota, Wisconsin, South Dakota, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, and Illinois. People want to see and drive on the pavement the National Championships will be held at this year. There are 45 pre registered for Sunday but I expect 100+.

I saw you were talking about drag times and idk of any 1/4 mile strips in the area. The strip at Mid-America Motorplex is only an 1/8th mile. I've been out there and its fairly cheap. 20$ to run or 5 to watch. You get as many runs as you can line up for. Short lines too, I was expecting long lines but 6 cars max. The road course is fun too. Open track is every Friday but it's pretty expensive. 100$ for a half day pass, and you have to go through the orientation class first. (my mom teaches that!) Hastings also has a track that is in a bit better shape. I have not been out to that one yet.

Matt

The NRSCCA Solo II/autox events would be great fun for a Mazda 3. Do you have to go through the orientation to get out at MAM? Is it one-time, or annual?

The NRSCCA Solo II/autox events would be great fun for a Mazda 3. Do you have to go through the orientation to get out at MAM? Is it one-time, or annual?

The NRSCCA Solo events ARE great fun for a Mazda 3! Next one is at Mid-America center in Council Bluffs on Sunday, July 18th! Hope you can make it!

As far as orientation at MAM goes, I believe it is a one-time deal. Once you take it you're good to go. Matt (H3br3w_Ham3r) should know more about this since his mom is the instructor that teaches the course!

http://www.drivefullthrottle.com/

This is the link you need to get in contact with the instructors. This class includes track time with an instructor with only students on course. Later on in the day you can join in with the normal run group when you feel more comfortable and the instructors sign you off.

And yes it is a one time thing. Also this certification allows you to go to MPH or Motor Park Hastings and run. Someone will go around with you for a lap or two to make sure you are sane behind the wheel but you will not have to take the class for a second time at that course.

Feel free to ask me any questions I didn't cover.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info - I dunno if I'll want to make the investment for tracking with my current car (RSX Type S), but if I make my plan of replacing that with a 370Z at some point in the future, I'd definitely like to get some track time with that.

I've been to a couple solo II events a number of years back, before I had my 3, but they're generally always on Sundays, and my summer hockey is always on Sundays.

Thanks for the info - I dunno if I'll want to make the investment for tracking with my current car (RSX Type S), but if I make my plan of replacing that with a 370Z at some point in the future, I'd definitely like to get some track time with that.

I've been to a couple solo II events a number of years back, before I had my 3, but they're generally always on Sundays, and my summer hockey is always on Sundays.

Some events are saturday and sunday events depending on the size of the event. Also cool to see another hockey player driving a mazda.

Greetings,
I just purchased a used 2007 MS3. I am from Norfolk and travel to Omaha/ Lincoln regularly. I am looking for someone with an AP due to its current mods at purchase time. The car from a visual and driving perspective has an upgraded TMIC, MSCAI, and the ECU has been played with. I want to check the Fuel Pump and see what the pressure is running at through a few pulls. The data collected will better tell me if I need to upgrade the FP or if it already is. Through the research I have done on MSF.com, a FP should be your first upgrade, but any help would be greatly appreciated since I am going to be in Lincoln later tonight. Thanks in advance.

Back