Spec Stage 1 clutch differences

yellowmsp035

:
Yellow 2003.5 MSP
looking to get a Spec stage 1 clutch for my msp and my buddies boosted p5...

What is the difference between the turbo (msp) stage 1 and the normal fsde clutch other than the torque limits? We are both only pushing 190-200whp

meanwhile Spec says they don't recommend using it on a turbo'd car... Why?

Anyone running it on their msps? Or is everyone running the stage 1 that is like 150-200$ more for less than 20tq/lbs more

I just recently put a stage 3 spec on my msp and its for a non turboed app. I dont know what the diffence is but they said it would be fine to use it.

the spec stage 1 with only 260tq rating should work well with our cars. I don't see the need to spend that much more for the 280tq version

i would strongly advise to get the stage 2 disk. i know your not pushing that kind of power but it has a very stock feel to it and grips hard. my last one went almost 100k and i abused that clutch. stage 3 is a bit much...almost wish i didnt get it.

i just went with an exedy stage 1 which which is torque rated up to 320 and it was cheaper then the spec i love it, it feels like a stock clutch, it might be a hair stiffer but its so minimal that u cant really tell, imo this is what u should get theres a certain site that has them for 305 bucks right now and u cant beat that, just my 2 cents

Latest posts

Back