Sources for MSP ECU? 2002 Protege5

Where can I get a MSP ECU for my 2002 protege5? I'm putting a turbo on it and need help with upgrading the ecu, thanks.
I got my MP3 ECU from car-part.com. The seller even sent me a pic of it before I bought it. You may be able to find an MSP ECU there.

Upvote 0
Thanks I'll check this out
As a general statement about car-part.com, I had a good experience with my one purchase from a car-part.com-affiliated seller, but I had to be careful. For example, I would see a listing for an MP3 ECU and the vehicle pictured was just a regular Protege - and most listings do not even have pics of the vehicle. The ECU I ended up buying showed the picture of the car (it was definitely an MP3) and the seller sent me a pic of the part and the label on the part. The latter would have been sufficient, but having the former gave me the warm fuzzies.

I also think the car-part.com listings below circled in red may be incorrect. I don't think the FSAE18881 parts are for a MazdaSpeed Protege, but for the regular manual Protege/P5.

Wait... This post explains the discrepancy (TheMAN's comments):

1711809935508.png

Upvote 0
As a general statement about car-part.com, I had a good experience with my one purchase from a car-part.com-affiliated seller, but I had to be careful. For example, I would see a listing for an MP3 ECU and the vehicle pictured was just a regular Protege - and most listings do not even have pics of the vehicle. The ECU I ended up buying showed the picture of the car (it was definitely an MP3) and the seller sent me a pic of the part and the label on the part. The latter would have been sufficient, but having the former gave me the warm fuzzies.

I also think the car-part.com listings below circled in red may be incorrect. I don't think the FSAE18881 parts are for a MazdaSpeed Protege, but for the regular manual Protege/P5.

Wait... This post explains the discrepancy (TheMAN's comments):

View attachment 326970
ok so now that I know the ones OP is looking for, I see those on page 2 after searching for year make and model.

Upvote 0
Apologies for thread hijack but it seems this ones concluded.. I hope @TheMAN will entertain me as most of my info came from his ancient posts on here ha ha. Guys an encyclopedia and lots of these cars are still out there in good condition.

I bought an '03 Protege5 with a "JDM" engine swap but bad trans. Engine is the '99-'00 MPV engine with FS1E "torque biased" cams. Oh Its JDM alright but is there anything I should know about it before I install my spare trans? Isn't it just a regular ass FS-DE but with different cams?
Car runs just high idle, which ill fix but will that MPV engine behave like the factory FS-DE.

(Guy who installed the MPV engine didn't seat an axel all the way, lost his gear oil and broke his trans got pissed and sold it) car runs just high idle.

Attachments

• 20240325_191622.jpg
    20240325_191622.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 22
Upvote 0
Back