Source for rear suspension bushings

Kazoospec

:
2002 Protege 5, 2012 Mazda 5, 1994 Miata M Edition
I recently picked up a Protege 5 for my son's first car. Overall, it seems to be in pretty good shape, but the rear end of the car creaks like an old boat. My son and I spent a few hours on it today. It's creaking from the lower suspension pick ups, sway bar bushings and the endlinks. So far, I've been able to source the bar bushings and end links, but I can't find the bushings for the lower suspension "bars". I've searched both here and on the net in general, but I'm not really finding anything. I've found complete replacement bars & bushings from a couple sources, but at $100+ per corner, I'm hoping to find just the bushings as the bars themselves are in decent shape. Some of the issue may be not knowing what to call them. (Lower control arms?)

Thanks for the link, I may pick those up in order to have a grease fitting on the sway, but I'm looking for the bushings on the 2 lower bars that connect the hub/brake assembly to the subframe.

Oops, should have read more carefully. You can't get the bushings for those separately, but the whole arms are available and cheap.

Search for rear lateral links and trailing arms, there's a couple different manufacturers.

That helps, thanks. "Lateral links" is the term I was looking for. My son and I worked on it a little bit last night. Looks like we need all four lateral links, sway bar end links and sway bar bushings. Pretty much every rear half bushing is dried out, cracked and creaking. Probably why we got a decent price on it. While we're "under there" we may decide just to spend a little extra and put an aftermarket sway on it to make it rotate a little better.

Back