Sound Deadners on 2014 Mazda6

Duggins1

:
2014 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
My 2014 Grand Touring 6 has a little more tire noise coming from the front than I would like. A 'little' quieter and this car would be a Limo. Has any one done a Dynomat type noise suppression and do you have pictures. What was the real world result and price?
Great car, good mileage on regular. 31.67 on first full tank of 427 miles.
Thanks,
Duggins1

What kind of tires do you have on yours? Mine are dunlops riding on 19" and the sound is much quieter then my 2011 cx-9, which are riding on bridgestones.

19" Dunlops with Nitrogen fill. Haven't checked the press as I suspect the pressure is correct due to the cost on Nitrogen (freebie). The car has plenty of factory insulation on the outside of the firewall and on the inside under the carpet. I'm thinking I'll pull the wheel well splash panels and add behind them on the firewall or on the plastic inner splash panels. The trunk could use plenty on extra insulation. It might help also. The car is 'much' quieter as it is compared to the 60K mile 2003 G35 that was traded in.
As I mentioned, just a little more noise suppression and this would be a very quiet car. I like quiet. Makes listening to the Boise pleasant.

I see. As for tires, you should check. Mine was filled with Nitrogen too but 3 of the tires was high and one was very low. I had to compensate for them.

For nitrogen, weather does make a difference when you live in a place where the weather fluctuate from freezing to warm...

Last edited:
Air is 80% nitrogen. Volume of nitrogen varies with ambient temperature, just like garden variety air. It's a money making scam.

Those Dunlop 19s that come with the car are just loud. I'll wait till I need a new set but I'm switching to something quieter... Maybe Bridgestone since I've always had good luck with them. Would love to hear if anyone has done the dynamat... I was thinking of doing something like that, at least up front.

Back