Soon to own a cx-7

Hey guys, i'm robbie and about to jump into the crossover. the wife wanted a murano tillw e started looking at these. same options (for the most part) same size but less money. Anyway, we're just shopping around and will be buying very soon. I'm a little aprehensive as always with technology, but am no stranger to technology. I have built and currently own a 500+ whp 4 cylinder nissan so deffinetely no stranger to turbo. anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Yes and no. My main concerns are with the gas milage and the navigation. i keep reading mixed reviews on both. I manage an aftermarket auto shop so adding my own nav or anything else for that matter is no biggy, i just want the advanced key system. but can't get that without the nav. so is the factory nav decent? and i'd also be curious about minor mods...mainly a flash, from what i've found so far only an aussie company offers one so far.

Nav system is awesome. You can't beat it.

Gas? Well, prepare for anywhere between 13.0 to 23.0 MPG. Mine was never better than 14.6.

My CX7 gathers dust on the side of the house while I drive something that doesn't cost $400 a month in gas.

yep, nav system is great. Not as good as the nav in my Acura that I had before, but still very good.

The key card system has it's positives but it also has it's negatives. There are times where it thinks my key isn't in the vehicle but it'll still start and drive with the red key indicator flashing all the way home.

Yes and no. My main concerns are with the gas milage and the navigation. i keep reading mixed reviews on both. I manage an aftermarket auto shop so adding my own nav or anything else for that matter is no biggy, i just want the advanced key system. but can't get that without the nav. so is the factory nav decent? and i'd also be curious about minor mods...mainly a flash, from what i've found so far only an aussie company offers one so far.

i thought the GT had the advanced key without needing to have nav?

i thought the GT had the advanced key without needing to have nav?

i could be wrong but from what i was seeing the only way to get the smart key system is to get the technology package. buyers remorse is always my biggest fear in a purchase like this. it took me 6 months to buy a tv and this is no different! LOL i am just used to good nav systems (kenwood, pioneer and so forth) and i just am afraid of being let down. i have not been able to play with one since our dealer will have to order the vehicle in. if i could get the smart key without the nav then i'd be golden and jsut do my own camera and nav. i guess you just can't have your cake and eat it too. lol

nav system is not great. Not as good as systems offered on other cars. Database out of date on the one I tested. Causes problems if you want Sat Radio or MP3 cable on Bose system. Just not worth $4000 price. Get aftermarket installed and get a better system for less money.

Gas Mileage is what it is. Lead foot it and boost all over and you may see 13mpg. Light foot it on the freeway and you can get 21/22 mpg.

With mods you may improve upon this a bit.

That's true with speed6's but the CX-7 included the advanced key in the tech package which was available on any trim level.

ah. i get features confused between my two cars (crazy)

Back