Soon to be MSP6 owner

mazda6gal

well I went to my friendly Mazda dealer and put down a deposit for a new 2006 msp6 in black cherry. Just the basic sport model... Got a good deal since I am a repest customer, we have bought 6 cars there... So I was wondering what the pros. and cons of the car's performance and handling were. I loved driving it today!! I also wondered about thw AWD and the potenzas. Overall tell me everything I need to know good and bad before i make my final decision! Thanks

Michelle (boom07)

The only "bad" think I know so far is that the Protenzas are NOT snow tires. The AWD will get you going ... but there is no way to stop.

Other than that, I'm REALLY enjoying my Speed6.

Oh, and if you want to play MP3 disks, make sure you have the RIGHT player. There are two, and the one w/o the MP3 logo on the front ain't the right one!

mazda6gal said:
well I went to my friendly Mazda dealer and put down a deposit for a new 2006 msp6 in black cherry. Just the basic sport model... Got a good deal since I am a repest customer, we have bought 6 cars there... So I was wondering what the pros. and cons of the car's performance and handling were. I loved driving it today!! I also wondered about thw AWD and the potenzas. Overall tell me everything I need to know good and bad before i make my final decision! Thanks

Michelle (boom07)

Very nice. I agree about the tires. I got my MS6 on the morning of new years eve and after driving in a few days with a bit of snow on the ground, i definitley plan to get a set of Brigestone Blizzaks next year for the winter season. Other than that the, the clutch is a little touchy and took some getting used to. But other than that i love driving it. I went with the Grand Touring package with the Navi and Moonroof. I also love the Advanced keyless entry system. I have only taken the key out of my jacket pocket about 5 times since i have had the car and that was to show it to my friends. You can check it out at http://blog.myspace.com/jaimem26 and http://photobucket.com/albums/c90/jaimem26/MAZDASPEED6/

welcome to the forums. i have driven a few MS6s and i love the car. i am sure you will too.

Mgkdrgn said:
The only "bad" think I know so far is that the Protenzas are NOT snow tires. The AWD will get you going ... but there is no way to stop.

Other than that, I'm REALLY enjoying my Speed6.

Oh, and if you want to play MP3 disks, make sure you have the RIGHT player. There are two, and the one w/o the MP3 logo on the front ain't the right one!

no way to stop? lol I heard the brakes are quite good.

Anyway.... this car's not perfect but it's pretty damn good. the lack of side bolster may bother you if you're into carving up the twisties. The wheels are some of the worst I've ever seen on a car... but, in this segment, I think this is the best car available.

Welcome to the forum. Trust me....you'll love the car! I wholeheartedly agree with Chico's last sentiment.

R

Oh ya, the brakes are excellent.

However, once you get all 4 wheels flat out not rolling, and you are still moving forward at 40mph ... you discover what the word "traction" (or lack there of) is all about.

CHICO2003 said:
no way to stop? lol I heard the brakes are quite good.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Speaking from experience, I can't imagine you not loving it. It is simply an incredible car. It does everything so well. Accelerates, Stops, Corners, you get the idea... I often find myself driving at 20-30+ over the speed limit because I don't realize it. It's that smooth.

A couple of comments about snow tires have been made. Listen to them. the stock tires are CRAP in cold/snowy weather. They are made for performance, not winter traction. I put a set of Hankook Ice Bears on my car the day after picking it up the MSP6 is incredible in the snow with them. Worth EVERY PENNY.

Anyway... Hope you love it!

(thumb)

Just got the MSP6 Saturday! I love it!!! Living in Florida I don't have to worry about the snow, so the tires are fine, but I totally know what you mean about driving to fast without realizing it! The car is so quiet when you turn the ignition, I wonder if it's even on.

Samdiver74 said:
Just got the MSP6 Saturday! I love it!!! Living in Florida I don't have to worry about the snow, so the tires are fine, but I totally know what you mean about driving to fast without realizing it! The car is so quiet when you turn the ignition, I wonder if it's even on.

Congrats on the purchase. Nice colour too!

R

I've had mine (Flickr photoset) since January 24th and I love it. I've never owned a car that I looked forward to driving every day so much.

I am, however, still getting used to the clutch. My shifts into 1st and then 2nd are still a little dicey, but I get much better once I'm up into 3rd.

My favorite part of each day is starting from a stop on the feeder and just blasting out onto the freeway. 80mph is nothing in this car, and getting up faster than that to pass or just to do it is effortless.

Back