some quick input please...

mhrebin

:
03 pro
ok so i have a new set of tokico hp's with the tokico springs that come with the suspension kit. it drops it down an inch, which sounds like a good amount to me. just a few questions i wanted to shoot out there.

will my camber be affected by one inch, enough so to make me get a camber kit due to massive tire wear.

are these springs even good? i know they are supposedly perfectly matched for the strut so it seems promising right? but does anyone recommend a spring setup that works best with the HP's and give me a little more of a drop on my protege, but will still handle like a champ.

that is it. any input is appreciate.

-mh

i bought a totalled ES from a kid on this forum and he had a brand new suspension in it. so i plan on putting it into mine. i was eyeing it up and an inch would be noticable, but not so much with stock 15 inch wheels. im getting 17's hopefully for spring time.

I put the set of Tokico HP shocks/springs on my 02 Protege ES about a year ago and it handles great! It dropped my car 1.5 inches in the front and 1.3 inches in the back...the ride is alot stiffer but the trade-off is worth it. But to answer your question it doesn't affect the camber settings...my tires wear out about the same as they did with the stock springs. Hope that was helpful

I think a few members run the tokico setup, the only person I can think of off the top of my head is chiefmg Here's a link to his thread with the kit installed;

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123653033

As far as camber, from what I remember when I was researching springs, is that there is generally a limit at around 1.8ish(?) for camber adjustment. Meaning anything beyond that should have camber adjusted. If your under then you should be fine. There's lots of threads on the subject, I just briefly searched and found two to support my thoughts.

I have the Eibach pro-kit on my car, it's like 1.4F and 1.8R. Pretty decent drop. I also run a stock sized configuration of 195/55/15 without any problems. Only issue I have is some clunking over potholes in the driver side rear, not sure what it is.

Best of luck.

Back