Some P5 mods to make???

planefreak

:
Mazda, Protege5
So, I've heard that there is an alarm module for the P5. Can anyone shed some light on the subject? I would like to find one and install one. Would it have to be Mazda or there anyone else that makes one that hooks up without splicing and tapping...

Has anyone done a lighted approach mod for their car. I've been thinking of using a relay set to cut off when the dome light begins to dim and using it to feed the fog lamps. Anyone heard of doing this or know of any other way?

thanks, Travis

The MSP comes with a factory alarm. I bought that and installed it. I think its great... does what it needs to. Otherwise do some research on aftermarket alarms.... There are alot of them.

So is the MSP alarm just an added module that plugs in to the remote receiver? If so, where can I find one?

Let me try to find the thread about alarm module. It is plug n play, has starter kill and shock sensor and works with your keyless entry key fob...........I have heard of issues with it being flaky but have had mine for yrs without issue.

Part number for the kit = 00008FC04

ebay listing - 138 + 16 shipping.................

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

onlinemazdaparts dot com = 145.00 + shipping

Last edited:
Never had any problems.

Makes me feel good to know that if my car is getting raped.... It can yell.

I agree... my last car was broken into, in my driveway less than 20 feet from where I sleep. Idiots took my stereo, ipod control, $3 in change, and my flashlight, and broke the window out and the change compartment. Wish I would have had an alarm to scare them away

Back