Sold the Protege

chrissharpe

:
2001 Mazda Protege DX
Bought the car in June 10. Upgraded from a beat to s*** 2001 DX Protege that had been rattle canned.
THE PAST
30640_1251025009006_1630934553_567999_3623425_n.jpg

The Middle
247984_1666851284403_1630934553_1222572_7292059_n.jpg

NOW
a2a3b8b8.jpg

This is all OLD. Moar new on page 2

Last edited:
meh. sorry to hear that you gave up the protege. I'm not a fan of civics, personally - too much of a ricer image for one thing. And it seems like every 4th car on the road today is a civic - where's the originality?

It's a good looking car, though - enjoy it.

honestly, all you ignorant fools can flame the civic all you want... its a solid car with WAY more aftermarket support than any protege, and I really would challenge anyone to point out a factual disadvantage to the civic over a protege.

Congrats on the new car, glad you're happy with it!

honestly, all you ignorant fools can flame the civic all you want... its a solid car with WAY more aftermarket support than any protege, and I really would challenge anyone to point out a factual disadvantage to the civic over a protege.

They get stolen way more then a protegay err protege. lol Not to mention if your civis is stock its a lot easier to lose it in the mall parking lot.

They get stolen way more then a protegay err protege. lol Not to mention if your civis is stock its a lot easier to lose it in the mall parking lot.

look at that statistic next to sales volumes and I'll bet the percentages match.

if I recall its actually accords that have higher theft rates, not civics.

word... hate to say it but the civic is WAAAYYYY more reliable than the protege can ever hope to be.. plus you can mod it and not worry about it blowing up (if its done correctly)

just keep it clean and non rice... lol (2thumbs)

honda has way more aftermarket support in general then ANY car on the market.. however hondas are only reliable n long lasting if you stay N/A... hondas R not meant to be FI.. i see hondas all the damn time build there car and it'll run great for a weekend then jist blowup..no matter if they did it right or not.. plus hondas don't make torque for s***.. sure there's dudes pushin 600+whp ona honda but their torque is jist gay.. the only engines i ever see makin good power n reliable on FI from honda is there K series engines.. other then that lame.... all in all if your only talkin about a stock daily driven vehicle then yes a civic is cute for a girl.... but perfomance wise HONDA=FAIL

Last edited:
looks like a set of konig unknowns... always been a fan of those rims and would rock them on the p5 if i ever got a chance to pick up a set

True, but as always, to each his own.. I'll NEVER own another Mazda after this Protege5.. It has no power, no torque, and yes its been reliable but not without consequences.. I bought it because it was brand new, cheap, somewhat sporty and roomy enough for a kayak, snowboard, gear, 85lb pitbull and whatever else I wanted to stuff into it....

its just personal preference I guess.. and its def an upgrade from a base model protege.. so if it makes him happy (headbang)

n NA protege yes its horrible in the HP/TQ area.. but in handling it kills hondas anyday... plus u can build a protege and boost it n make very good numbers hell even on a stock engine u can make good numbers n be reliable.. hell look at mine it's been goin for years.. but i have both a boosted sedan n a NA p5 n i NEVER like drivin the p5 haha but that's gonna change i'm makin her my new work in progress.. either way i'm not a fan of hondas n trust me i been thru emmm, i've owned a civic, accord and integra all of which my protege is far superior

ya know, the only thing that bothers me more than honda fanbois, is honda haters who have no more sound justification for hating on hondas than the fanbois do for loving them...

Again, grats on the new ride to the OP.

That is all.

ya know, the only thing that bothers me more than honda fanbois, is honda haters who have no more sound justification for hating on hondas than the fanbois do for loving them...

Again, grats on the new ride to the OP.

That is all.

I agree one of the main reasons for having a protege over a generic honda is the fact that not everyone has one. I HATE walking into a parking lot only to another identical car parked right next to mine. In fact my car has been keyed before and I think it was intended for the the other identical red mystique parked next to me that day at the mall.

Edit: All thing aside im sure the civic is a good car with better aftermarket and more then likely cheaper to repair after all things considered. Even with that all being said even my F-150(non daily due to gas) is a rarity within itself(mark 3 conversion). Now I do enjoy that they were produced in the masses and parts for it are dog cheap and mod. So the Honda isn't such a bad deal just not my cup of tea for a DD.

look at that statistic next to sales volumes and I'll bet the percentages match.

if I recall its actually accords that have higher theft rates, not civics.

I would imagine that even when it comes down to percentage the civic would still have a higher theft rate then a protege. Not to many people want a protege as the aftermarket shows that. However im just pouring gas onto the fire so to speak. lol

Last edited:
Definite upgrade from an 01 DX. Congrats! Dont care for the rims tho...

And theres nothing wrong with Hondas (evil)

All us ignorant fools WILL say what we want. I own a Honda and I love it. Dont plan on getting rid of it any time soon either. Each car has its ups and downs as to why I upgraded. But anyways, he wouldn't have posted if he didn't want peoples opinions.

All us ignorant fools WILL say what we want. I own a Honda and I love it. Dont plan on getting rid of it any time soon either. Each car has its ups and downs as to why I upgraded. But anyways, he wouldn't have posted if he didn't want peoples opinions.

agreed^^^^ lol

the only thing I miss on my mazda was how much heart was put into that little thing I loved and cherished it becuase it was all I could afford at the time. I have nothing against mazdas I just wish I coulda aforded an SI civic or a mazdaspeed3 or 6 ;)

Latest posts

Back