Sold #28. I'm out.

InsidiousMSP

:
Black Mazdaspeed
So I was driving my stock exhaust-leaking, whistling-wastegate, half-assed-A/C, broken-sub, broken-headunit, clunking-swaybar, crazy-fuel-curve, CEL-throwin, block-number-two MSP on Saturday night when my friend asked me to come to a dealership with him (large automall). While he was over at Pontiac, I stumbled over to Nissan. To make the long story short, 2 hours later I am the owner of a new '04 black 6spd Nissan 350z. Got them to buy the MSP for $14k.

I can't be happier. Such an awesome car. :) Anyway, it was fun here while it lasted. Take it easy guys. Oh, and if anyone can take over maintaining the 1/4 mile list, that would be cool. Do a search for the thread, I'm sure it's around here.

Later,
-Jeff

I'm out too, sold #383 to freehold dodge in NJ, and i'm told they sold it as well. I bought ... well, obviously, the SRT4 ;). Although that SRT10 truck is pretty sweet as well! I too was sick of all the problems with the MSP, the guy who drove my car was even like "That car handles really well, but what was that noise from the back?". It had been making it so long, I was actually used to it.

I guess I got it because I just wanted a car that was fast, and thats it. And thats what I got really. I'm sure it handles well for a neon, but it handles like s*** even compared to my 35k MSP w/ almost bald tires and clunking rear suspension. But what the MSP does for handling, the SRT4 does for speed. Its fast, and mopar (sorta) backs it up with staged upgrades. Plenty of guys running mid 13s with hardly any mods and 12s with just slicks. And its loud, and rude, and obnoxiously ugly ... I love it :).

InsidiousMSP said:
So I was driving my stock exhaust-leaking, whistling-wastegate, half-assed-A/C, broken-sub, broken-headunit, clunking-swaybar, crazy-fuel-curve, CEL-throwin, block-number-two MSP on Saturday night when my friend asked me to come to a dealership with him (large automall). While he was over at Pontiac, I stumbled over to Nissan. To make the long story short, 2 hours later I am the owner of a new '04 black 6spd Nissan 350z. Got them to buy the MSP for $14k.

I can't be happier. Such an awesome car. :) Anyway, it was fun here while it lasted. Take it easy guys. Oh, and if anyone can take over maintaining the 1/4 mile list, that would be cool. Do a search for the thread, I'm sure it's around here.

Later,
-Jeff
Holy s***, thats my car. YOU STOLED MY CAR!!

hehe, good job InsidiousMSP. If you're going to trade the Mazda in, mine as well go for a 350z. And black too. Lucky bastard. :)

congrats,
scorch70

Duh, hate to reply to myself, but Insidious, there was a guy at the dealership when I was buying my car... wanted to trade in his Z on the other SRT4 they had. ;). Not that the Z isn't cool, it is, maybe he needed a FWD for the snow. Strangely, the guy who worked there who drove both that Z and the MSP said the cars weren't that different. I guess he was talking about handling, and not speed, as I've driven the 350Z and its a damn nice car ... I coudln't do it with the weather in the NE tho

Amazingly enough, my insurance is somehow CHEAPER with the SRT4 ... maybe they think its a base neon ;) (although, it says all over the insurnace cards, "Dodge SRT4")

Congradulations on your new vehicle, stop on by sometimes and say hello. And I will be more than happy to take over the 1/4 list for you.

dodge insurance rates are ALOT cheaper than mazda. my friends went down almost $100 when traded in mazda for a dodge

stepson said:
Duh, hate to reply to myself, but Insidious, there was a guy at the dealership when I was buying my car... wanted to trade in his Z on the other SRT4 they had. ;). Not that the Z isn't cool, it is, maybe he needed a FWD for the snow. Strangely, the guy who worked there who drove both that Z and the MSP said the cars weren't that different. I guess he was talking about handling, and not speed, as I've driven the 350Z and its a damn nice car ... I coudln't do it with the weather in the NE tho

Amazingly enough, my insurance is somehow CHEAPER with the SRT4 ... maybe they think its a base neon ;) (although, it says all over the insurnace cards, "Dodge SRT4")
Where are you in nebraska??

How many miles were on your MSP? Shoulda stuck it to em to get more for it. Which package Z did you get? How much was the Z?

Haha, ok nice to feel welcome...enjoying the 8, but still think about the speed sometimes...I went back to get my student id sticker from the windshield of the speed, and the guy in the back was telling me the owner was gonna give it to his son for his birthday. I hope he takes care of my baby.

Back