So long CX9

eskimo0101

:
2012 Mazda CX-9 Touring AWD
Traded the CX9 in for a Buick Enclave yesterday. CPO car, loaded, and most importantly has the towing capacity to properly haul the bigger boat I bought this spring. Put a couple hundred miles on the Buick yesterday bringing it home and first impressions are it has a far smoother ride, much more comfortable seats and it's much much quieter at 80mph on the highway. Won't charge into an exit ramp like the CX9 though, but as my wife's daily driver it wouldn't be doing that much anyway. Been an informative couple of years hanging out here, see ya.

New ride
4693A842-8E77-456D-A6B6-BE05D947ECEB_zpsoiyxgyel.jpg

It was especially sad when I parked the CX9 for the last time at the dealer's lot and the display said "Goodbye".
79C58C61-F5C3-4B66-9F70-5B6C2D560972_zpsgvl9p9p4.jpg

Enjoy, the Enclaves are nice vehicles as well.

We had to say goodbye to our 2010 CX-9 a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately it couldn't say goodbye back (see photo).

IMG_2597.jpg

nice new ride, best of luck , freaking brilliant front "middle" airbag ? nice......

I was never impressed with my 2013-2015 CX-9 small offset test poor rating, looks downright freaking scary, the whole driver A pillar collapsed
basically same internal structure design since 2007 inception before the small offset test was implemented

Mazda should pass it now easily with the new CX-9 since they designed for this test, looking forward to see the NHTSA test results

Last edited:
that small offset test, just wow, there's no protective cage or cross member in the engine compartment to redirect the car to the left side and protect the driver, the driver side just rams right into the barrier...... Volvo did it better with the XC60

...... I test driven the Enclave before deciding on my 2016 Signature....bottom of my list vs the CX-9, Pilot, Pathfinder, Highlander and XC90....worst drive and cheapest feeling/made...good luck

Oh man, that is a lot of damage. You all ok? If you need any help, I've been an auto insurance adjuster for over a decade now and could probly answer any questions
you might have, "off the record" kind of stuff. Just let me know

Enjoy, the Enclaves are nice vehicles as well.

We had to say goodbye to our 2010 CX-9 a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately it couldn't say goodbye back (see photo).

IMG_2597.jpg

Thanks Helbigtw. Fortunately my wife wasn't hurt worse than she was, from what I understand the other car's driver and passengers were in pretty bad shape. I will message you with a few questions I have, thanks for your offer of help!

Back