So I'm driving next to an Apache 64/D

Equinox

Daddy Warbucks
Contributor
:
09 370Z Nismo
Lol, I live on Fort Rucker Army base, and before the entrance gate there is this 1 mile stretch of open road that you can see all the way down, and next to it is hooper stagefield, an Airfield with a control tower and a couple lanes, not 10 feet from the road.

This Apache attack helicopter is hover taxi-ing down the lane alongside the road, blowing tree branches and leaves across it. I sped up to pass the truck on my left and changed lanes, one, to get out of the leaves blowing across, and two, to pass the Apache next to me. Mind you I just finished installing my XEDE EMS on my car and wanted to feel the difference, so I had her opened up pretty nicely.

I pull up to the gate of the base, but I have to go around and get a visitor pass, because the car isn't registered yet, then I do a turn around and pull up to the gate again. it goes like this;

Gate Guard, "Excuse me sir, the truck that just went through said you passed him going 80 and were swerving in and out of lanes."

Me, "Well I changed /out/ of one lane, and /in/ to another, and I signaled as well, but it was more like 150."

GG, "Oh well, watch out on base....."

Me, "Oh sure, I don't mess with MPs" :)

lol.

Last edited:
WOW...that must have been pretty cool. I love the Apache's...undoubtedly the best air-to-ground war machine ever, and quite the incredible (and intimidating) sight in person.

Yep, those guys are angels.

ah64_v_truvelo.jpg

yep, im a mp at camp lejeune and we are right next to new river air station so we get the osprae's flyin everywhere along with every thing else they feel like testing. wish i was able to fly one. there is always people speeding around base here too, mostly officers.....

Shouldn't this be in the street racing forum? Grrrr

JK, that's freakin cool dude!

blkspdfreak said:
yep, im a mp at camp lejeune and we are right next to new river air station so we get the osprae's flyin everywhere along with every thing else they feel like testing. wish i was able to fly one. there is always people speeding around base here too, mostly officers.....
When my friend isn't in Iraq his at Lejeune. He used to drive a 99 turbo 2.5rs Impreza. Really nice car, then he blew it up.

Back