So I want to get an Eibach Pro Kit...

ph0enixrising

:
2002.5 Mazda Protege5
Do you think I should get new struts as well if I choose to go with the pro kit? Is it necessary, or just recommened? If so, can you mention some specific struts that would work?

Also, has anyone tried those mp3 stabalizer bars on the protege 5? If so, how is the handling now, and does anyone think that getting that whole mp3 suspension is a good idea? I don't think those springs would lower the car as much as the eibach kit would, but the struts and stabilizer bar would be nice. I want to get 17" rims too, but I could do that after I had lowered the car right? Thanks.

It's really not necessary to change your struts with 1.4f and 1.2r drop. I've had my springs in for 7 months and feel no difference. I've read that going past 1.5 or more of a drop will add a lot of stress to the struts and it'd be a good idea to upgrade.

There are a few guys on here that have the full mp3 kit on their p5. If you are willing to go that far, I say get a the full JIC set up from Auto RnD.

With the proper offset you can go with either 17's or 18's. hope that helps!

I have the ProKit and I love it. Though I haven't changed the struts yet, I do plan to do it sometime before I put 10,000 miles on the springs. However, you don't have to do it.

Back