So i put in the new system yesterday

well, its the system out of my old car, but whatever. its an alpine cde-9852 HU and a 12" alpine type r sub with a kenwood 1000 watt amp pushing 500 watts rms. it took me about 4 and a half hours to put everything in. It was my first time puttin a cd player in without any professional help. I wired the wiring harness up myself. The sub hits so hard your voice shakes when you try to talk haha. now all i need are some new door speakers.

Attachments

• new car.jpg
    new car.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 98
  • new car2.jpg
    new car2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 99
  • new car3.jpg
    new car3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 52
  • new car4.jpg
    new car4.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 66
Looking good.

I would recommend mounting the amp somewhere else though. If someone were to break into your car it would take all of 5 seconds to rip the whole thing out. Many people just mount them to the back of the seats or under the front seats. Regardless of where you put it, you should bundle and secure the wires. If the power wire comes loose it could set your car on fire. I know you probably have a fuse on it, but 50a of power is enough to cause havoc.

I'm also not a big fan of that head unit install kit. It only leaves you with a sliver of a pocket whereas some of the other kits give you a full din-sized pocket.

thanks man, one day ill get around to moving the amp under the seat. the wires are zip tied together under the carpet all the way until the hatch.

i guess i should have looked around before buyin the dash kit, but it works so im not too worried about it.

looks good man, and props for doing the work yourself. i just got finished installin one of these bad boys for my msp:
alpine ftw

I put my system in 10 days ago, I gotta take pictures.

JBL GTO 600.1 Amp
2 x JL Audio W3 Subs (12 inches)
2 x 1 Farad Capacitors

The car came with a pioneer headunit, so they sound pretty loud and clear.

I'm a big fan of your HU install kit. It's what I've had for years and it's sold as hell.

If someone want's your s***, they will get it. However, you might want to bolt that enclosure down well. Nice thing about the P5 hatch is the cover so no one can see it there.

Nice job overall...feels good to do it yourself eh?? :)

Back