122 Vega

Retired MSP Racer!
:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege #1668,2005 Mini Cooper S, 75 Cosworth Vega
New SCCA class this year?

DSC01199small.jpg

DSC01201small.jpg

DSC01206small.jpg

This happened in just five hours tonight... But the MSP is a great snow plow!

Too bad it's too late to submit for the ROTM!

Britt

Yeah, my car looks about the same right now. Can't wait to get it in the garage to start working on it for this summer.

I've had about that much snow since Thursday. Makes driving the CX fun since I actually get to use the e-brake for its intended purpose. (first)

You call that snow?

We've been hit by 3 snowstorms in the past month here in Denver!

About 5 ft total of snow in a month!

Here is what you are supposed to do in snow!

I found this spot right as the snow stopped and the sun was popping out. A snowplow actually entered the parking lot from the other end and just sat there until I finished! (first)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuQFK-VwPeg

This one I wanted to try a little different angle. Again there was a snowplow at the other end of the lot but he was already plowing so I had to hurry up and get my donut on! (ughdance)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zT08SXlc_A

Supposed to snow again later this week so I think I'm gonna video from the headrest mount I have. My donuts are getting better. I was spinning like a top this past weekend in a vacant lot on my way to brunch with the wife. She made me stop cause she was getting nauseated. :)

Van

Vanimaniac said:
I had to hurry up and get my donut on! (ughdance)
smile like a donut?(shocked)

:p cool vids, looks like fun! Maybe we'll get some snow here and I can try that in the Miata! ;)

122 Vega said:
New SCCA class this year?

DSC01199small.jpg

Britt
This snow is the reason you have not Gotten the call from me about the tranny. I was expecting to have it out today!(peep)

Its almost out but im workin in the cold! ahaha, And the axles are a PAIN to get off! (oddly!) Its all being held up with a floor jack and a 2x4 so i dont put strain on the axles while the tranny is unbolted.

Damn...forget shaggin cones in that weather! Are snow plows legal in ST*? Can the plow count as "wing"...just turned forward? lol

As long as it doesnt exceed 8 sqft total area I assume it's legal...

Besides, who said "splitters" aren't there to split snow from pavement?

Nauseating the wife on the way to brunch...classic. Almost a perfect day for both of you! I bet the look on her face was priceless when you pulled into that lot and stopped. Insert evil grin on your face, look of horror on hers...kind of like a prom date.

Britt

Isn't that the lake near Georgetown?

I should be headed out that way soon to live. I'll miss this season of ice racing, but I should be good to go for next season.

Vanimaniac said:
Or you could go ice racing!

Here is me drifting in my old AWD minivan last year! (first)

van_is_maniac.gif

Van

That looks like fun! Try to do that on a frozen lake here in Georgia!!! (shocked)

ratswagon said:
That looks like fun! Try to do that on a frozen lake here in Georgia!!! (shocked)
frozen lake? In GA? You make me hahaha @ u!

Vanimaniac said:
Hey Britt. Hope you didn't get affected by the ice that I heard about up there!

http://www.nwcn.com/topstories/stories/NW_011607ORNstorm_portlandLJ.46895f63.html

Click on the video link for some crazy car hockey action!

Van

These pics were from the start of it. I left the hospital at 7am and there were cars and suvs abandoned all over the place. The freeways were like parking lots, but the MSP just cruised right through! I stopped at Starbucks on the way home, and there were a bunch of suvs in the parking lot and the owners were inside on thier cells trying to get rides to work! I pull in and get my coffee, and the barista is hollering out for everyone to watch the little race car drive around in the snow and ice, and that they should all try out thier 4wd and go to work. It was pretty funny watching thier faces as I drove away. People here are amazing. Completely paralyzed by a little snow and ice.

Britt

Back