slammed Mazda5 issue

dima_rus

I just went from Mazdaspeed3 springs to Tein H-tech and it lowered my car quite a bit. I love how it looks and handles, but when going over the bumps my front wheels rub against the wheel well plastic cover.
Does anybody else have that problem? What would be a good solution for that?

Thanks in advance
Dima

Hey Dima,
I had to roll my fenders in and it reduced the rub but I know what you mean about catching the plastic cover. Mine does too on larger hits. Especially because of my 42 offset on 18x8 rims. They run pretty flush with the fenders.
I reduced this by eliminating weight in the car I don't need. I pulled out the middle row seats and carpeted it. Now it's my lounge ;) I tend to carry more gear than passengers so it works for me.
I don't rub anymore but the Tein springs are probably more aggressive than my Progress ones. You may have to live with it.

Oh, FYI... if you get a flat on your lowered 5 you may not be able to use your spare. Especially if you have lips of body kits installed. I pulled mine out just for kicks and I couldn't put the weight off the vehicle on the spare wheel. It's too small combined with my 1.5" drop and my body kit touched the ground. I now carry one of my winter wheels in a wheel bag behind my 3 row seats in case of an emergency. Plus... what's up with the spare being yellow???

Thanks man, really appreciate the help. I was actually considering rolling the fenders as well, but don't think that would do it for me. I have about 1" clearance in the front and can't even get my car back in the garage. This is just too low for me. I feel like a race car on the highway, but can't really drive it on the city roads. I guess my next set up will be Eibach pro-kit.

After rolling just the front half of the rear fenders (get that?(eek2)), no more rubbing at all.

michael.

Back