skunk 2 coilovers making noise

shoelessdavis

:
Mazda Mp3 #810
I have skunk 2 coilovers that I put on my mp3. I am having major problems with noise with these coilovers and everything has been put on right to my knowledge and by directions. I have put coilovers on a 4th gen lude and lowering springs on 5th gen lude and colivers and struts on integras and civic hatchbacks. Have not had any problems like this with any other car. Before I put these on I took my car to dealership and they replaced the bushings in the sway bars and I had no noise what so ever and that was about 2 months before coilovers went on. I have had coilovers on since Feb of 2004. Everysince they have made some type of noise. It is only in the front and it only does it when I turn. It will do it sitting still and when driving. I have replaced the black plastic bushing that is at the very top of the coil that is part old stock susp. On the stock susp this is on top of the metal black piece that holds the spring. The noise creeks, pops, and squeks. It is really noisey and annoying. sometimes it is louder and sometimes you can not hear it that much. If I spray wd-40 on it it will be quiter for a day. Then goes back to normal. In the diections that skunk 2 gave me says the silver medal top piece that holds coilspring down goes in front and the black rubber pieces for the top go in the rear. I have no Idea what it is and I do not know what to do. I have taken the whole susp apart and put back together about 5 times making sure nothing was done wrong. I have been planning on getting rid of these and just buying the full tein coilover system or the JIC full coilover system but they are cost a bit and I will evently get them, right now if I do not get the skunk 2 fixed that is on the factory tokico struts I will have to get some lowering springs. I can not take it anymore.

I had them too and you just have to get used to it. lol if you clean and grease it regularly it will minimize the noise but the only way to get rid of the noise is to get rid of the skunks (lol2) -mike

Back