Sirius Starbase Install vote?

Phatbungo

:
'06 Mazda 3
I am doing my sirius starbase install today, is anyone interested in a install faq on it, i will take pictures and post a faq if anyone is interested.
Let me know who would like me to do it

Hey Man

Phatbungo said:
I am doing my sirius starbase install today, is anyone interested in a install faq on it, i will take pictures and post a faq if anyone is interested.
Let me know who would like me to do it

Yeah that woudl be great if you took some pictures, i would love to know how to do that when i have the money to.
Thanks man
NIck

Yes, please. I'm getting ready to purchase my 06 Mazda3 tonight. I already have a sirius receiver and account, but would love to integrate it into the car's radio. Is the $400 unit available on Mazda's accesory page the only option for this?!

Thanks!

Hey guys just wanted to give you an update for the people that replied to this. I installed my starbase and it is great. I had a plug and play unit, but no great way to mount it with out it looking like crap. I bought the starbase unit, and an AUXMOD. I have pictures and the Mazda tech manual for the factory install. The only bad thing is i dont have anywhere to host the pictures. If you want PM me and i can send you a zip file of the pictures and the *.pdf document i have. If it helps i tapped the power for the unit off of the factory head unit, which works great, b/c you dont need a ground loop isolator. If you take out your glovebox you can actually mount the receiver box on top of that. I did not have time to run the control box into the ashtray but its a perfect fit, other people have done it in an RX-8, and i did a quick test fit, but finding the time to rip apart the center console is quite difficult right now (planning my wedding and working late hours). But if you need help just hit me up and i will try to help you the best i can. The total cost of this wasnt bad either. I got the starbase for like 130 plus tax, the auxmod i think was like 70, and then a patch cable from radioshack.

Back