Silver trim to blue

BigBlueDart

:
2012 Mazda2 Touring MT
I used Duplicolor Metalcast system for this. I may pull it all off and do it again some day. Had to learn a few lessons, not the least of which was patience. Need to do a better job of getting good angles. Spraying in better light would have helped. Also, the Metalcast system comes with a silver base coat, which I wish I had waited for it to dry and then wet sanded down before doing the blue. Lessons learned. Oh well. What I've got works for now.

IMG_20130629_130928.jpg

IMG_20130629_131240.jpg

This one is a little farther.

IMG_20130629_131037.jpg

Sunny day plus a smartphone camera make for a pretty crummy picture. Sorry.

This one is a little farther.

IMG_20130629_131037.jpg

Sunny day plus a smartphone camera make for a pretty crummy picture. Sorry.

Don't worry, I only have my crappy phone to take pictures too :)

Well, the blue goes well with the decal on the hood :) You need a drop bud, doing color accents on the car would look better with a good drop and I got to look up you wishlist Konig Illusion blue to see what they look like. But I think it will look sweet when every parts are on the car.

I have the Konig Illusions on my car. They would look great on yours. The blue on the rims is a bit darker than that but overall it would work well. I would say the blue on the rims matches to the Cheap Blue Slime Valve caps you can buy from walmart.

I've got some blue lugs and blue valve stems just waiting. Plan on doing some more work on the interior someday, including a custom shift boot and some chairs (black and blue, of course). And yeah, I can't wait until I can drop it.

My next project, though, will be painting the calipers. I've had the G2 kit sitting around for a couple of weeks now.

I suppose I could do a write-up with pictures, but it will have to wait a little while as I'm kinda busy lately.

Nice job, congrats!!, personally I dont like it... But it shows great effort and dedication and the real thing that matters is that you like it!!

C.F.

Thanks for the writeup. I think I'll eventually do this, but I'm going to practice on my friend's car first. His Civic needs his wheel straightened out, so it will be a good opportunity to learn on a car that isn't mine. :p

Back