Side Mirror Heater

Since it has been snowy and icy, I noticed that my driver side mirror is not defrosting anymore. I have to scrape off the ice on the glass to be able to see. The passenger side works fine but the driver side nothing.

Would this be a pricey thing to fix? I don't really feel like paying $200+ to fix my mirror. It is just as easy to scrape it off. But if this is something that can be fixed for not too much then I will get it taken care of. Any thoughts?

In order to know how much it would cost to fix, you first have to know what is wrong. Could be a bad heating element, or it could just be a broken wire.

I'm really not sure what is wrong with the mirror. It may just be a relay or short in there somewhere. I am taking the car to the delearship soon so hopefully they can fix it.

sorry for the skepticism, but I think you're going to get raped at the dealership. good luck though

Well I'm under warranty so it shouldn't matter. I was just wondering if it would be an easy fix cash wise or not. If it was going to be then I'd just replace it on my own.

Back