Shudder/Vibration/rumble continues

Alfissimoint.

:
08' CX-9 AWD
So here is what I have concluded.

The vehicle does not exhibit any vibration when cold. Once the vibration starts (typically after getting hot..I believe) it slowly starts which a rumble between 20-25mph then goes away. If I keep driving it becomes intermittent but always at the low speed, higher speeds it seems more under load going up a hill. When it does vibrate, right turns make it worse while left turns not really anything. It is felt through the body, gas pedal and a little in steering wheel. Feels like vehicle has misfired or out of balance tires. Yet when cold it is solid as it was before.

I have also noticed in this time since it start a strange squeaking noise (like rubber on metal) from the front end. It seems to make this noise going over bumps (thought it might be upper strut bushing) but then it makes it while driving and sometimes I notices when I would accelerate aggressively, sometimes just normal.

Only items that are new on the front are OEM front rotors which did not come with mount hole in them to screw into hub. Strange but dealer said thats what mazda says is right. WTF?

I also replaced rear Diff bushings. Side and rear. Nice and tight now. Not sure if those bushings being weak caused the diff to wear and cause this vibration or what?

I will need to check alignment as I feel when the vibration comes into effect the steering seems twitchy. Especially to the right. (may need to change steering and brake fluid) 4 years now without that. Yikes.

The propeller shaft support mounts do not look bad to me and I would like to check runout sometime but do not have all the tools to do it. I know it is 8mm runout. Not much.

Any thoughts?

From the experience with other cars, check engine mounts first, then transmission mounts, then subframe mounts.

Back