Showcase your winter set-ups please

Yeah, certain spoke designs can be a b****...

Also, you have to remember that those steelies have a much thinner face than the spoke of an alloy wheel.

Regardless, it sucks they don't fit. :(

just wanted to double check, because I know I've seen some comments about steelies fitting or not, but if I go with the steelies from tire rack for my winter set-up, the clearances will be tight but I'll be good to go right?

I got some 16X7s from a 2002 hyundai tiburon, stripped and did a shaker can job and mounted 215-55-16 dunlop M3s. Winters here in NH are brutal on wheels with road salt and sand, so I didn't want to invest in performance wheels... $100 on craigslist FTW!

I'm running Blizzaks WS-60 on 17" rims. Got the whole package from Tire Warehouse a couple of years ago. I also use the rims for my RE-01's. I drive my old Ford Expedition during bad weather in the Winter. I always bought Blizzaks for my cars, my wife's car has Blizzaks. It's like adding 4 wheel drive to a front wheel drive car. Great tires, but they do wear quicker than regular tires.

Speed3.jpg

07 Silver MS3, Mazdaspeed CAI, Mazdaspeed CBE, Mazdaspeed coilovers, TWM short shifter and bushings, SU rear engine mount, Hotchkins RS, Cobb shifter weight, Cobb turbo intake, Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid, Hawk plus pads (track only), RE-01's (track only), Dashhawk, Fuel-Filler door.

I put my winter wheels on last night in the dark and woke up to a slushy mess this morning.
wheelu.jpg

wheel2d.jpg

16x8 RX-7 FD powder coated gloss black with white rim tape
205/60 Hankook Icebear W300

Last edited:
winter set-up(s)

previously...

004hfw.jpg

currently...

064si.jpg

both rims wrapped w/ dunlop wintersport m3

Last edited:
Out and about today and nary a hiccup in performance and grip with about 6+ inches on the ground. Wouldn't venture beyond that with this car, even with the Wintersports on. They are grrrrrreat!

My Winter Setup although my car is garage kept right now.

205/45R17 XL Pirelli Winter 240 SnowSport tires

Attachments

• Winter Rims & tires on MS3.jpg
    Winter Rims & tires on MS3.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 196
Awesomely good looking Mazda steels and 205/16 top of the line Michelin Primacy Alpin snow tires. (wiggle)

The amount of power you can put down with these in the snow is amazing. On top of that, the reduced unsprung weight gets the bad stock dampers back into a useable range, lol

Attachments

• IMG_2402.JPG
    IMG_2402.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 199
It's that time of year again. Only I'll likely not be needing my winter set up anymore as I have a DD'er company car and will be parking the MS3 with All Seasons on her now. 17" O.Z. Superleggera & Blizzak LM-25's with about 10K if that on them.

original.jpg

original.jpg

So happy I bought a set of General Atlimax Artics(215/55/16). Car handled great on the ice, snow, slush we got today. I need some mud flaps :drool:

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

Back