Shorty Antenna

mazda808

:
Mazda, Protege5
I know this has been covered before but could not find the thread. This is a shorty antenna for a mitsubishi by Perrin Performance. I was wondering if it would fit the Protege5.
prnantenna.jpg

not sure about that, but an antenna from an s2k would work fine.

My thoughts exactly!!I use the S2K antenna myself.Looks so much better than the stock antenna.And it still gets the same reception.It'll be around 20 bucks at a local Honda dealership.

a little bit wider, but nothing that noticable. from what i heard though...

If all your looking for is a short antenna just cut the stock one down. Work at twisting the top rubber cap off and it will eventually come off. Cut with hack saw and reinstall rubber top and your all done. And I have no problems with the radio.

L8R said:
a little bit wider, but nothing that noticable. from what i heard though...
Yeah,who cares if its wider at the base.Still looks damn good!!(2thumbs)

I ordered a "shorty" antenna off of ptuning.com. It's made for the P5 according to the site and it's about 4 1/2 inches long. The one I ordered is aluminum and hopefully will get here by the end of the week. I will take pics and let you know how it does with reception compared to the stock antenna.

I heard reception was a little worse than stock but it looks a lot better. I think it's a fair trade-off.

Also, does anyone have a spare daveB antenna laying around? Because those are sweet.

Okay ordered my antenna from ptuning.com on sunday night and got it yesterday. It's now installed on the car and looks really nice. I will be posting pics soon. As far as reception goes it seems to be okay. I don't think there's much difference except for one of my stations I listen to was a little fuzzy. But other than that it was good I think. It's been rainy and cloudy here lately so that might have some influence.

Back