Short Shifter Install

Thanks for the offer derrick, but unfortunately buttonwillow is not exactly a short drive let alone one i would make to test out something i dont intend on buying haha. now if your going to be at acs i might be willing to drive there.

Crg the price is irrelevant, i honestly dont think the car needs or will benefit from it. I have been tracking this car for the last 8 years, stock gear box and love it.

Picture is from buttonwillow headed up to omega.

That's your opinion. And that's good that you like it.. everyone is different. Price is very relevant when I intend on buying it

Every make of car is so different, you never know what a mod will bring. The short shift kit I had in my 91 civic si? I learned to live with it, but I didn't like it because it did two bad things for an already low floor-mounted shifter: 1) it shortened the throw from front to back, and 2) it also had a shorter shift rod. Both of those things meant the shifter was farther away from you, the driver, in every direction. Lower and farther forward. I got used to it, but I felt like I was working much harder to drive the car, and frankly, when autocrossing it was hard to reach it when belted in with a 5 point. I was a bit apprehensive about going for one again, but hoping for a pleasant surprise. This CS short shift plate puts the shifter more where you want it to be (farther towards the front/closer within reach) which in this case is a good thing, and after a few days, I must say I'm a huge fan. I don't think you'll regret going for it.

Last edited:
These will be available tomorrow, look for the release around 11am PST.

Derrick

heh, stumbled upon the page for it just now with some creative URL guesses. Installation seriously does look easy-breezy and the product pictures carry that CS quality!

Until tomorrow, I'll be *furiously, anxiously, but patiently* waiting for the official link to open up so I can hit the check-out button. :D :D :D :D :D

For some reason I thought Derrick said the 28th, and convinced him to take my money yesterday.

Just ordered mine today. Once again a bit gouged by UPS's shipping (I shouldn't need to pay $40+ to get a <1Lb part to canada in less than 2 weeks) but still a pretty good deal for all that if it performs as expected.

Can't wait to get mine!

Last edited:
Thanks for the orders guys,

Gravity I will see what we can do to drop the shipping cost lower for the UPS service you chose.

-Derrick

Thanks Derrick,

I should have clarified my wording about the shipping cost to reflect UPS high prices. I know you guys have a policy of only charging actual shipping and refunding the difference if quoted and actual vary, so i appreciate you looking.

The high cost for me is mostly down to my impatience anyway ;-)

Thanks for the orders guys,

Gravity I will see what we can do to drop the shipping cost lower for the UPS service you chose.

-Derrick

Thanks Derrick,

I should have clarified my wording about the shipping cost to reflect UPS high prices. I know you guys have a policy of only charging actual shipping and refunding the difference if quoted and actual vary, so i appreciate you looking.

The high cost for me is mostly down to my impatience anyway ;-)

CORKSPORT Mazda 2 Short Shift Plate
USPS Priority Intl Flat Rate (Tracking is not available for this service) (14-21 Business Days) - $22.95
USPS Express Mail International (6-9 Business Days) - $39.70
UPS Expedited (2-4 Business Days) - $135.53
UPS Express Saver (3-5 Days) - $155.81

Back