Shops in NOVA

FunkyCold5

:
2003 Black Mica MSP
Anyone recommend a shop in NOVA to install Injen CAI, TWM SS, and Kartboy Bushings for my MSP?????? I was thinking about going to Performance Buyers Club in Chantilly but it's mostly a RX-7 and miata shop. The other option was Autothority in Fairfax, but they normally work with German cars. What do you guys think? I know these parts are easy to install, but I don't want to risk it. I'm not mechanically sound. Thanks for the help.

Andrew

Hey man, I dont know if you remember me, I was up at capitol raceway with you a good while ago.

Anyway, the injen is something you should be able to work your way thru. It doesn't hurt to know which parts are which in that area.

Also, I've heard the kartboy bushings are easy to install, I've got a set here that i've had for about a year and done nothing with.

I'd be glad to try and help you, if our schedules line up we may be able to get in after hours at costco tire shop, and use their lifts.

As for the SS, i can't help you

Lata

Joe

P.S. your shops around here may be auto sport, auto authority, evolution, vertech, or eb3

I'd go to PBC. They'll work on anything, they've done some heavy work on Proteges, and they're just good people.

I know for example that they converted a P5 into a MP3 5-door for one client. Did the suspension, wheels, shifter and everything else that makes them different. Then the guy traded it in! I'm just pissed he got rid of it before I knew he was going to sell it. It was even the good blue!

Anyway, PBC.

Joe, been a while. When we going back to Capitol? I've read over the instructions and such, but I definitely don't want to do it myself and mess up. At least with PBC you can watch them install all the parts.......I'll PM you if I decide to do it myself, and maybe you can help me out sometime.

Foolish, I'll inquire with PBC and see what they can do for me. My dad gets his Miata oil changed from them and likes their service.

Katya, depending if I'm patient enough to wait for the event, I might just install it ASAP. Parts start talking to you when it comes to car enthusiasts and performance parts for your car......they just chant "install me install me". If I do get the parts installed, I'd definitely still come and chill with all the Mazda Peeps.

Andrew, those mods are like a good afternoons worth of work. However, if you're set on having a shop do the work, I've had PBC and Rotary Performance do work on my car. Both were top notch jobs. However, PBC didn't bother reading the instructions on my front sway and after an hour of fiddling, went back to the instructions that came with them, yet still charged me for the hour where they tried to wing the install.

Bill,

Can you give me information on Rotary Performance? Address and if they have a website and such. I was going to print out instructions/directions for my installs, but if you had that experience with PBC, I'd get worried. Although I may still go through them, if they actually did the job correctly.

Thanks bud.

Andrew

Bill,

Got the info for RP Performance. Searched the web and got the address and phone number. Thanks. I'll give them a ring and see what's up.

Andrew

a mutual friend, our age actually, now owns a new shop around here now. My friends call it FCCT, but I've never been there or even seen ads. They might be able to get you good pricing, and im sure they dont care if youre there during the install.

FunkyCold5 said:
Anyone recommend a shop in NOVA to install Injen CAI, TWM SS, and Kartboy Bushings for my MSP?????? I was thinking about going to Performance Buyers Club in Chantilly but it's mostly a RX-7 and miata shop. The other option was Autothority in Fairfax, but they normally work with German cars. What do you guys think? I know these parts are easy to install, but I don't want to risk it. I'm not mechanically sound. Thanks for the help.

Andrew
If Silver Spring, MD (just above DC) isn't too much of a stretch for you try my husband at Far East Motors. They deal only w/imports and get Mazdas all the time. His info is in my sig, ask for Adam and tell him you're from the Protege boards and that his wife recommended you. I'm sure he could work something out for you. (wink)

:D Yeah, he does great work. If anybody's interested in the shop the owner is John Moser, call for my husband, Adam and tell them that you're from the Protege or Mazda board and he'll know who you are.

give me a shot of vodka and the bottle and a pat on the back every so often and ill install everything for free...minus th evodka of course :)

sure, i know a place...its called my house. Come on up and throw me a couple Jacksons and i'll put that stuff in for you gladly. :D

clownphish said:
Is it illegal to drink & mod? :p
drinkin while moddin it half the fun......how else u gonna enjoy bein under a dirty car cuttin ur knuckles for something? its like drinkin before boring sex.....(rofl)

Back