Seat question

rob989_69

:
Mazdaspeed6
I currently have a speed6 sport, it's got cloth interior. I was wondering, what would be involved in swapping out for leather, power seats.

Couple reasons for this. First, I bought the car used and whoever had it before me must have taken a coffee bath while driving. My drivers seat is supposed to be black but it's terribly discolored.

Second, I'm a big dude, and I would LOVE to have the 6 way power seat instead of the current manual. Heated would be nice but not necessary.

I guess my question is wiring and what not, is it there and capped off, can I splice it in, or would I have to run completely new wires?

And finally, anyone know where I could get my hands on a nice set of seats?? Other than ebay?

Wiring should be there...it would be easy enough for you to check.
I'd say ebay, or a salvage yard are your best bets.
-a

+1 the wiring should already be ther, you might have to put a fuse in the blank spot. And i see your in roch. me being a former buffalonian trust me the heated seats are AWESOME!

Awesome, I was hoping the wiring would be there. The seats themselves I'll have to do a little detective work, but if the wiring is there that makes it 100000000 times easier.

You could always check into getting the leather seats and swapping out the upholstery yourself, like leatherseats.com

You could always check into getting the leather seats and swapping out the upholstery yourself, like leatherseats.com

I thought about it. But I'm hoping I can pick up a whole set of leathers with the rails and all for much cheaper. Leatherseats quote was in the $800 ballpark and I would still have manual seat rails, which is really what I would like to change the most.

Back