Seal on Oil Feed Line?

nazgul350r said:
Thank you. Mazda was suppose to fix the oil leak that had developed. Guess what they didn't.

well if the leak is at the return line then i know for sure there is an o-ring cause i just changed mine a couple weeks ago and problem solved. If you are leaking from the feed line i dunno if theres a seal or not...i would assume that there would be, but im not 100% on that.

terbow said:
on the turbo feed there isnt a seal, its a fitting only.

Inverted flare fitting to be exact. Works the same as an AN fitting. No sealant/gasket/o-ring required. Good stuff.

thanks for the follow up guys, i thought that there would be one but im lookin over a diagram that jaysnooch sent me and there is definately no seal.

That would be Mazdas fault. The just replaced the seal on the return line. So who knows what they did the feed line.

nazgul350r said:
That would be Mazdas fault. The just replaced the seal on the return line. So who knows what they did the feed line.

Well if they were only replacing the seal on the return line then they dont have any reason to be touching the feed line. So if you still are leaking they may not have seated the o-ring correctly or didnt tighten everything down.

No, its coming out of the feed line. When I start the car up you see it bubbling out of the feed line.

nazgul350r said:
No, its coming out of the feed line. When I start the car up you see it bubbling out of the feed line.

bummer sounds like they either took it off and forgot to tighten it or they over tightened it and stripped the threads on the fitting.

crashkelly said:
bummer sounds like they either took it off and forgot to tighten it or they over tightened it and stripped the threads on the fitting.

To me it looks over tightened.

nazgul350r said:
To me it looks over tightened.

did u try to tighten it? its a 7/16" open wrench. see if it tightens. they may have just forgot to tighten it.

nazgul350r said:
I am still waiting for the car to cool down. That was to be the next step

ahh. let us know how it goes. now u dont have to supertighen it cause u dont want to strip it. but make sure it seals.

Its official they over-tightened it! All the threads are gone on the feed line, so there is no more tighten it.

Back