SD National Tour

I doubt youll have much to worry about. The car is green. Ill have this weekend to shake it down basically. As for me, I havent driven in months(since august?) since Ive been working on getting the car done. There will be plenty of rust to shake off.

Gavin

Once I get a tow vehicle, I can start taking our DSP car to far away events. Until then, local events and Nats only.

I bet San Diego will be fun. Good luck.

Van

Once I get a tow vehicle, I can start taking our DSP car to far away events. Until then, local events and Nats only.

I bet San Diego will be fun. Good luck.

Van

I'm doing exactly what you did @ Dixie for the DC Pro, so don't feel bad ;).

And Jeff, when you make some events on the Right coast, I'll start thinking about heading over to the wrong one. Deal? :p

Hey guys. So how did it go?

Looks like Gavin coned out of the trophies in DSP.

Is FSP really that fast or were there different conditions?

Van

Van

Saturday: Under drove and timid
Sunday: Car was stumbling, first run I thought it was because i didn't have the car warmed up enough, second run, warmed it up even more and it still happened. Third run, just frustrated and just went out.

http://mrhongkongwong.blip.tv/file/749830/

Sundays 2nd run, I don't know if you can hear the car sounding like i'm hesistant on the straights.

Nicole ran first and reconfirmed the stumbles after loading a new map into the afc, but it didn't do anything. Finally took out the plugs which didn't show anything and reset the battery. Finally! Fixed. (friday)

http://mrhongkongwong.blip.tv/file/749839/

Nicoles 2nd fastest run, didn't get the fastest one though.

Van
Dan is very capable in that civic. They ran in similar conditions and were that fast. DSP was a bunch of cone smacking mo-fos...I think I was the worst offender.

Im pretty pleased with how things went down. I was extremely rusty from not driving for a while and simply didnt adjust fast enough to the cars new handling abilities.

The car was just finished 2 weeks ago and pretty raw in terms of setup(the rear end of the car is skipping/chattering through the turns (??) ). All I adjusted was the tire pressure (which was horridly low when I started).

Still, it was fast and capable of doing better. I just need more wheel time.

It was good meeting Jeff and Nicole again. Jeff was coming to grips(no pun intended) with autocross competitive r-comps and some funky ignition/ecu related(?) stumbling issues.

Gavin

Last edited:
Back