Screw your FMIC

turbo23

This goes along with the heat soaked thread, but I received my fan today, and did some cutting and mounting. I have included some pics of some different angles, sorry about the cutting, doesnt look bad, but not great, however I dont really care. The fan isnt wired yet, thats tomorrows job, Ill be directly wiring the fan to a 12v source, with a 40amp switch, and 10amp hard circuit breaker.

I decided to take the car for a drive to see if the fans position was blocking as air flow, and using my highly accurate temp probe (my hand) the fan and intercooler were both very cool, so it felt as very little airflow has been blocked.

here they are...
DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

DSCN0434.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

and here is a pic of some magnets I made for this weekends autox:)
DSCN0435.jpg

also the fan flows at 810cfm, Im really attentive when I drive, so I listen to everything, watch everything car related (yes im alittle retentive) So during stop and go and autox, the fan will be running)

Nah, can't say that I like it. It doesn't matter what I think though as long as it works for you.

surprised that fits under the hood with all the plastic ram air s*** that comes under the hood. looks gangsta! I like it!

Let me know when you want to meet up so we can track your tempratures.

The install looks good.

Looks like a fun project. I hope someone can track your intake temps back to back to see just how much it helps.

By the way, you spelled "STFU" wrong on your door. (lol2)

That's an interesting idea, and looks to be executed pretty well.

I'm guessing the fan wouldn't increase airflow that much (if at all) at highway speed, so the most effective test would be at idle on a warm day. Here's what I'd do.... take the car for a short spirited drive to get underhood temps up, then park with the engine running and let the IC temp level off. Then switch the fan on and see how much and how quickly the temp drops. For accurate data, you can get probably get ahold of a cheap IR thermometer ($20-40), or else some kind of surface-mounted temperature probe.

Back