SCR Malfunction warning Adblu nox system

MattC

:
CX-7
Hi Can anybody help please....
I have a 2011 registered diesel CX-7 with 45,000 miles on clock... had a warning light flag up recently namely a "SCR Malfunction" after running low of Adblu when the car was due for 50000 mile service. So had the full service and Mazda dealer topped it up. It always takes at least two days or 100 miles for the adblu tank to show 4 circles or full again. A few days later.... SCR Malfunction is back on. I took it into Mazda dealer who reset the system and it disappered this time for 250 miles. Then its back again showing 520 miles of adblu left despite me knowing the tank is FULL!.. Its in the first limp mode I can still do 80mph but by the time it reaches 250 miles adblu left its slowed to 60mph max. Limpmode 2. Then suddenly probably coincidently after a car wash it resets and is totally fine showing 4 circles full Tank of adblu. A few days later the problem re-emerges and is now a permanent intermmittant fault.It comes on beeping at start showing 520 miles left in the adblu tank. Then around 250 miles it miracously resets itselt to a full tank again!?

Visiting my dealer for the 3rd time today. They took a look reset the system. Then came the bombshell. We think you need a new SCR control unit Sensor! We'll speak to Mazda HQ. But prepare yourself the cost for a replacement unit is 968!!!!! HOly s*** this car is only 4 years old with below average milage.. WHAT GIVES??

Not really wanting to cough up as it seems to me Mazda have a perpetual servicing fee with dramatic warning lights/ alarms/limp modes that force you to take to the dealership.

Any advice most appreciated.

MattC

Back